Death of Conventional

because dino lovers love dino, and there is a good market for it ... we may have another lawsuit (or complaint ?) by some big corporations in the future that why your jug says Full dino when it's not %100 dino/conventional.
shocked2.gif

We call that Reverse Synthetic Lawsuit (RSL)
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

I gotta figure out to run in my classics, but besides that I have no use for dino.

15W-40 conventional will be around for a long, long, long time.

Originally Posted by Linctex

I gotta figure out to run in my classics, but besides that I have no use for dino.

Originally Posted by 4WD
And 10w30 Delo etc …

I agree, 10W30 and 15W40 mineral oil will be here for a while yet, same too cheap old school 20W50 for classics and beaters.

Here in my country conventional oil is starting to become uncommon and often hard to find suitable conventional pmco. But its fine by me, conventional oil is not as good as synthetic even the cheapest synthetic oils...

Last edited:
Even things being called conventional includes improvements
Basic Delvac now made from EHC base stocks for example …
Semi ?

Originally Posted by Gene K
Death of Conventional

I looked at several major newspaper Obituaries this morning and cannot find info on the Death of Conventional.
Do you have a link Gene?

But hey, I could see the day coming when all conventional oil shoppers will have to visit walmart.com/Mexico..... to get it.

Originally Posted by userfriendly
Demand for group III has outpaced supply. What is the highest viscosity group III ?

Log Cabin
Wait - nevermind. I'm eating pancakes, as I read this thread.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by userfriendly
Demand for group III has outpaced supply. What is the highest viscosity group III ?

Log Cabin
Wait - nevermind. I'm eating pancakes, as I read this thread.

crackmeup2.gif

don't be afraid of dino!

isn't the total miles for all cars running on dino in the world much higher than syn? Especially if you add up the past x many years ...

Just because few bitog members ran syn 20 years ago doesn't mean everyone else did or does.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by PimTac
Conventional is headed for the automotive trash heap to join with the manual choke and headlight dimmer floor switch.

And foot operated parking brake.

And the pull out knob on the dash to turn the headlights on.

AM/FM radio with pull out mechanical presets.

Originally Posted by Hermann
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Originally Posted by PimTac
Conventional is headed for the automotive trash heap to join with the manual choke and headlight dimmer floor switch.

And foot operated parking brake.

And the pull out knob on the dash to turn the headlights on.

AM/FM radio with pull out mechanical presets.

Oh yeah!! I remember those!!

Back in my childhood it was AM only and the radio had to warm up.

Some more trivia items; ash trays, wing windows and cowl vents. The poor man's air conditioner.

Originally Posted by SR5
Originally Posted by Linctex

Originally Posted by 4WD
And 10w30 Delo etc …

I agree, 10W30 and 15W40 mineral oil will be here for a while yet, same too cheap old school 20W50 for classics and beaters.

The Vette and 4-4-2 have the original motors, which to most is really important.
Shell Rotella T used to be a good oil, but ZINC has been lowered.
There are boutique oils, but my answer is to stab hydraulic roller cams and be done with it.

My Kohler 745cc air cooled twin in my OPE specifically calls for conventional oil in the owners manual. It specs 10w-30 conventional and says not to use synthetic.

Why? I have no idea. Not interested in the science of it, I just want my yard to look good and I don't want to replace this mower for 20 years.

If you look at what other parts of the world pay for synthetic oil, you'll realize we have it good.

Other than SOPUS, who even markets their multi-weight oils as not syn-blend? Peak? Super Tech and some other house brands? Chevron/Havoline?

Back