Dealey Plaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I am a life long Republican. Since we came to Princeton, TX for Thanksgiving at my son's house, I decided we had to go to Dealey Plaza. We did it today. So you park and you wonder where to go and what building is what. Then the street vendors help you get oriented and you know where the Book Depository is, the Grassy Knoll and where Zupruder was standing. As I walked down to where the X's were on the street I was getting so choked up I could hardly breath and tears were starting to form. It has to have been the saddest day in American history, at least for me. I was surprised at how short the distances were from the Book Deposity and the fence on the Grassy Knoll. I am very good with a rifle, I scored expert in the Army, and those shots would have been very easy with open sights. The other thing I noticed was no one there thought Oswald shot President Kennedy. Maybe that is why we are all drawn there.

Yep! 265’ is a pretty easy shot with a military surplus bolt action rifle. That’s as long as a person has had some degree of training or practice. That’s my take as a deer hunter.

I was doing a show in Dallas in the late 90s and had a few hours free so I wandered down there. I wasn't alive when it happened but was well aware of the events of the day. I didn't have time to go to the museum or anything, but it was super interesting to me to walk in the same spot where such a well-known historical event took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back