Daytona 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
Originally Posted by 02SE
I'd love to see what "The Beast" is capable of on track. I know, that is highly classified...

Still an awesome spectacle.

It has some version of a Duramax under the hood, I bet it can haul if they need it to.

Yeah, there's a thread on here somewhere speculating about "The Beast". I'd love to know it's capabilities, just from a gearhead perspective.

Me too, it would be fascinating.

Originally Posted by lewdwig
2020 and still can't drive in the rain.

They can on road courses. Goodyear doesn't make a rain tire for ovals. Now the NASCAR Euro Series has rain tires for ovals, but the oval they run on is a tiny bull ring.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by Malo83
Pulling fpr my Pennzoil driver Joey.
cheers3.gif

ðŸðŸðŸ

As long as my $22 shows up, he's golden!

Can you imagine what a cluster that would be on a 2.5 mile track even if they were only racing at 120mph. The water spray off of 40 cars .....visibility for the cars in the pack would be terrible at best. And they have a hard enough time at Daytona and Dega when it's dry !!...³...³ðŸ¤£

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150

Can you imagine what a cluster that would be on a 2.5 mile track even if they were only racing at 120mph. The water spray off of 40 cars .....visibility for the cars in the pack would be terrible at best. And they have a hard enough time at Daytona and Dega when it's dry !!...³...³ðŸ¤£

Plus the spotters couldn't see which is a requirement for the race to run. That was one of the reasons they called the race at Pocono a few years ago where Chris Buescher won.

Dang rain!! Messing up my chances of seeing much of the race if they get it started again as I am busy later.
I thought the pre race ceremony was pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back