David Koresh - Waco on Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing on Netflix now. I watched all 3 episodes tonight and found it interesting.
(NOT trying to make this political)

I was just trying to support a wife and kids when it occurred and was not glued to the TV and news. Was a mechanic all day back then and did side jobs in my garage after work. Not much TV time back in those days.

Just thought some other people might enjoy what they missed on the news.

Playing on Netflix now. I watched all 3 episodes tonight and found it interesting.
(NOT trying to make this political)

I was just trying to support a wife and kids when it occurred and was not glued to the TV and news. Was a mechanic all day back then and did side jobs in my garage after work. Not much TV time back in those days.

Just thought some other people might enjoy what they missed on the news.
Was it a balanced view or an ATF/FBI/Executive branch view?

I remember it going on live. It didn't make any sense what was going on and what happened. A crazy guy and his followers out in rural Texas. According to people who lived around there, they never had any trouble with any of them. Hindsight tells me the govt. used a false narrative supported by the media to attack the compound. I can't remember what they might have been distracting us from. I do
remember most people being shocked at watching it live.
I plan on watching the Netflix series.

I remember it going on live. It didn't make any sense what was going on and what happened. A crazy guy and his followers out in rural Texas. According to people who lived around there, they never had any trouble with any of them. Hindsight tells me the govt. used a false narrative supported by the media to attack the compound. I can't remember what they might have been distracting us from. I do
Pretty much. Plus the FBI had numerous attempts to take Koresh on his own without violence and did not. Absolutely ridiculous and Janet Reno should have been burned at the stake.

Always looked at that central tower thinking it was designed for a lead fight …
Allegedly he bought a lathe and mill to modify over 90 semi’s to fully …

3CC4941D-1181-42DF-8AA3-EEFCB48C8E77.jpg

There were so many scandals associated with the administration at the time - who knows which one they were trying to distract us from.

If it was the same one I watched awhile back I enjoyed it. It was very well done. However it does kind of depict him as this misunderstood guy just trying to live his life with this family. And that the Feds were just out to get the little man. The Feds messed up royally for sure. But Koresh wasn’t the humble, ok guy that he was portrayed as in the show. He was a total crazy, criminal piece in real life.

If those of you who were around then will remember, Janet Reno and her boss had a clear agenda. This was done to "make an example out of the bearers".

I would like some clear evidence on whether or not he (and possibly other males) were abusing girls. I think if that was going on, the other males of anything close to adult age should have been dealt with for allowing that to go on.

Brainwashed or not, you don't sleep at night knowing that is going on and not trying to do something about it. JMO

Pretty much. Plus the FBI had numerous attempts to take Koresh on his own without violence and did not. Absolutely ridiculous and Janet Reno should have been burned at the stake.

This needs to be shouted over and over. The government had plenty of chances to take Koresh. Heck, they could have even infiltrated the group and done it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back