Dash cams.

I’m looking for a dash cam. I want it to have the ability to run on a DC cord and have a battery backup built in. I’d prefer the ability to save small videos or at least mark them to look at later. It will go from vehicle to vehicle so a good mounting system is a must. What are you using?

the battery powered ones dont last but 10-15min max. better to use a super capacitor model.. you can always plug it into a battery pack if you want it on with the car off.
or wire it that way (there are ways on most cars)

most have ways to mark videos but if you get a larger microsd its not really an issue of them being overwritten immediately.

I use an Aukey DR02. It does everything I need it to. I had an off brand that died a couple months after the below linked video was taken, Id had it for 2 years at that point and figured it owed me nothing else. I like the super capacitor the Aukey offers over my last one though, and the stealth way it mounts.

I bought a Thinkware Q800pro after being rear ended so that I now have a front and rear dashcam. Pricey, but the cheap dashcam that I had installed in that car failed to record the accident.

Back