Darn mice

I've have these traps for several years, caught probably a couple of dozen mice by now. I bait them with peanut butter once a year in the fall. Have a few of these traps in each garage. These kill but don't mangle the mouse, makes them easy to empty and reuse. The peanut butter seems attractive enough that I haven't had a mouse damage or get into anything since I started using it as bait.

519ljSAYmQL._AC_SL1189_.jpg

If the replacement is thru the glove box, take out the filter access and keep a cat in there. :unsure:
As a kid, I lived on a farm and a lot of the old vehicles got kept out in a back part of the yard. One day I opened up the 48 Ford 1 ton to look around - I opened the glove box and an unknown cat was crouched in there, staring out at me.
This was out in the country and unexpected so startled me momentarily. I saw no mice though!

After years of catching mice, but not stopping the regular invasion on a lake home, I tried the baiting perimeter method. I put dozens of small baiting stations 20 meters, 50 meters, and 100 meters in a circle perimeter around the lake home. It was a time-consuming endeavor, but it stopped the onslaught of mice a lake home can invite.

These traps are significantly smaller than the picture suggest.

Attachments

• 71aO28i1S7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71aO28i1S7L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
^^Can you provide a brand name of this 12-pack? TIA

Exterminator’s Choice - Bait Station - Includes 12 Small Bait Station and One Key - Heavy Duty Bait Box for Mice and Other Pests - Durable and Discreet .​

Purchase the bait from Tractor Supply.

Wish I had knowledge of this method years ago. I could control the mice, but never stop the annual invasion. This method stopped the annual invasion.

Found this video . I put fine ground pepper in open plastic containers (2) on the ground beneath the engine .

Honda sells tape that is impregnated with capsaicin (cayenne pepper) and is intended to be wrapped around wires and hoses on motorcycles, snowmobiles, etc during storage to keep mice away.

Knew a few people that used it but I couldn't tell you how well it actually works

Also keep vehicles in a well-lit spot at night when parked outdoors .

Last edited:
Here is how we got rid of mice the cheap way, after wasting hundreds of dollars on other ways that did not work.
1) Buy wooden Jenga from Dollar Tree. Make sure wood isn't coated or stained. If it is, just sand it down.
2) Buy Eucalyptus, peppermint, or tea tree essential oil. We use all three.
3) Place the wooden Jenga pieces in mice-infected areas.
4) Add a few drops of oil onto the wooden pieces periodically, make sure the wood soaks it in.
End result for us (in a house) is no more mice and place smells fresh. At first we were pretty aggressive and added oil to wooden pieces 2-3 times per day. Now it's once every 3-4 days, but mostly for fresh smell, as mice was gone within first 48 hours.
Couldn’t you do the same with popsicle sticks rather than desecrating those jenga pieces?

^^Can you provide a brand name of this 12-pack? TIA
Not what you asked for, but I’m having best luck with the black plastic snap traps.

276812E3-A16D-4F18-89A2-E44C2F0A1B68.jpeg

They work better, bait easier/better, are cleaner, and safer to set.

Ha-What's worse than mice?

The ladies of the house who won't remove the caught mouse to reuse the trap. They say it's gross.
I got lucky with mine then. She shot a mice with a BB rifle, then grabbed the corpse by the tail and threw it out. Stray dogs took care of the rest.

Last edited:
My wife's car has a mouse urine odor, and my car developed a misfire when parked in the garage overnight (likely chewed wires). I slid a Tomcat glue trap baited with cheese under both cars and caught three mice in a day. I also use these around my vegetable seedlings when growing under lights. The glue is so sticky that once the mouse places even just one foot in it they cannot get free. If the mice are still alive when I fetch them, I just drop the trap in a bucket of water and they drown in just a minute. They are not reusable but are the most effective trap I found.

TS3_9052bs6.5.jpg

My wife's car has a mouse urine odor, and my car developed a misfire when parked in the garage overnight (likely chewed wires). I slid a Tomcat glue trap baited with cheese under both cars and caught three mice in a day. I also use these around my vegetable seedlings when growing under lights. The glue is so sticky that once the mouse places even just one foot in it they cannot get free. If the mice are still alive when I fetch them, I just drop the trap in a bucket of water and they drown in just a minute. They are not reusable but are the most effective trap I found.

View attachment 196234
A bait I find that works extremely well for traps like yours is chunky peanut butter. Just a dollop of the peanut butter in the center.

Back