Danny Ongais has passed.

Some here will remember him from the 70’s and 80’s thereabouts.

I remember seeing him at U.S. 30 Dragstrip the early 70's, when he drove Roland Leong's "Hawaiian" Dodge Charger Funny Car. Also remember his horrible wreck at Indy. He had quite a career in motor racing.

I remember him well. Saw him race at Indy once and a couple of times at Road America and Mosport, Ontario in the CAN-AM group 7 series. Gritty, tough driver.

1646144114161.jpg

I watched some video of that 81 crash at Indianapolis. That was brutal and he was very fortunate to survive that.

I remember seeing him at U.S. 30 Dragstrip the early 70's, when he drove Roland Leong's "Hawaiian" Dodge Charger Funny Car. Also remember his horrible wreck at Indy. He had quite a career in motor racing.
The one in Indiana??

I was big into the drag racing thing when I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's . I remember him well .

I remember back then I was listening to Bob Sirott on WLS 89 AM radio. He did an interview with Jan Gabriel, (the SUNDAY! SUNDAY! guy). Sirott asked him how he warmed up for doing the commercials. Gabriel said he and his partner Walt Peters, yelled out a window for 10 minutes or so.

Back