Damaged wheel :/

They will definitely keep the scratched one.
Nope. Update, got the car in today and they installed a factory new OE wheel and put the old one in the trunk at our request. New one looks as it should! Glad to have this over with! It took a few weeks for the new wheel to arrive.

Here is a picture, it isn’t great as it was dark outside.

Attachments

• 58D0AED5-1173-4F9D-901E-40D8E58C9AC1.jpeg
    58D0AED5-1173-4F9D-901E-40D8E58C9AC1.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 13
I’m very OCD about my vehicle, and I dread the day I need to get the tires replaced. I’m going to be sure to take very good photos of all the wheels outside the shop before they do the work so I have clear evidence of the condition of the wheels. I take photos of my whole vehicle inside and out when it goes to the dealer just in case they dent something or scratch up the interior - whatever.

I’m very OCD about my vehicle, and I dread the day I need to get the tires replaced. I’m going to be sure to take very good photos of all the wheels outside the shop before they do the work so I have clear evidence of the condition of the wheels. I take photos of my whole vehicle inside and out when it goes to the dealer just in case they dent something or scratch up the interior - whatever.
Same here! People just DON’T CARE anymore. It’s amazing what damage a single tech can do in one sitting. I’ll have my car for years and put one scratch in it, but one time at the dealer can produce many.

I am the same way unfortunately. (Sometimes I hate being OCD about my car...)
Because of this when I need new tires I will remove the wheels/tires and bring them in without the car. They can't screw up the car when it's in my garage!

Nope. Update, got the car in today and they installed a factory new OE wheel and put the old one in the trunk at our request. New one looks as it should! Glad to have this over with! It took a few weeks for the new wheel to arrive.

Here is a picture, it isn’t great as it was dark outside.

That is impressive. Had I complained, I would have gotten a “maybe it was already like that when you brought it in, how do you know we did that?”

Glad you got it resolved. Honestly I didn’t think you would get a new OEM wheel out of it, I guess you never know until you try. Great result in the end👍
Well, it was the right thing for them to do and I made sure they were aware of my expectations.

That is impressive. Had I complained, I would have gotten a “maybe it was already like that when you brought it in, how do you know we did that?”
Well I cover my bases before hand so I have proof.

I am the same way unfortunately. (Sometimes I hate being OCD about my car...)
Because of this when I need new tires I will remove the wheels/tires and bring them in without the car. They can't screw up the car when it's in my garage!
Lol, yeah I have thought about that too. They won’t mess up your lugs or screw up the wheels banging an impact gun into them Or banging the wheels onto the calipers trying to bring the heavy wheels down. And mine are heavy! I rotated my own tires in the garage and it wasn’t fun. I could only pick up one side of the truck at a time and I had to cross the front to the back. It was a lot of up and down.

Lol, yeah I have thought about that too. They won’t mess up your lugs or screw up the wheels banging an impact gun into them Or banging the wheels onto the calipers trying to bring the heavy wheels down. And mine are heavy! I rotated my own tires in the garage and it wasn’t fun. I could only pick up one side of the truck at a time and I had to cross the front to the back. It was a lot of up and down.
Yes but they sure can mess up the wheel.

Back