Daihatsu Sirion Clutch KIT

Hello,

Can anyone please help me find the part# of the clutch kit for my manual 2006 Daihatsu Sirion ?

I would like to buy it myself and then take the part to a mechanic to be installed because last time I have the clutch replaced it was obviously not genuine as it lasted only about 3 years.

The car is only 1000cc and does not really have the power to destroy a clutch in such a sort while

Here are the details of my car:

Vehicle_maker Daihatsu Sirion

Vehicle_model M300

Vehicle_chassis_no JDAM300S001007410

https://www.vindecoder.pl/JDAM300S001007410

Vehicle_year 2006

Vehicle_engine_model 1KR-FE 1000cc

The car is exactly the same with Toyota Passo and Subaru Justy

Are there any options better than the original ? as I would like not to deal with this again soon

I found several kits available, some in stock at my local NAPA.. Have you looked at sites like rockauto.com?

I found several kits available, some in stock at my local NAPA.. Have you looked at sites like rockauto.com?
Thank you for the quick reply.

I am in Europe so I would like some part numbers so that I search if I can find them locally. I am interested in reliability because last time a local mechanic installed a cheap clutch that lasted only about 3 years.

What is the best brand to choose EXEDY ?

Also the Sirion come with a 1500cc engine can I install that clutch on my 1000cc 1KR-FE.

Is there an upgraded "heavy duty" clutch for the car ? as I want to fix it once and for all.

What about these that I have found:

Is there an original part number that includes everything needed as a kit ?

This is what I have found so far ( have excluded too cheap parts ) any other reputable brand I missed ?
1663018561538.jpg

The 3 cyl engine is totally different from the larger 4 cyl, so the clutch won't fit. All those kits look good, and are what we would have available here. No parts place here would sell a cheap kit to a workshop, it's just not worth the comebacks.

The LUK and Valeo ones will use a friction plate sourced from Valeo’s Korean subsidiary PHC. Either those choices will be fine. Be prepared to resurface the flywheel or replace it.

The Exedy seems to be the cheapest and probably close to OE.

What about the size ? The LUK one is 190mm and the EXEDY one is 180mm. Of course larger surface is better but could I run into compatibility issues if I got larger ? I don't really know what I currently have in my car

What about the size ? The LUK one is 190mm and the EXEDY one is 180mm. Of course larger surface is better but could I run into compatibility issues if I got larger ? I don't really know what I currently have in my car
Your engine size dictates clutch size.

have asked all my local providers regarding compatible clutches based on my car's Make, Model and VIN and found the below :

Luk is 190mm 20 teeth

Exedy is 180mm 20 teeth

and

Aisin is 184mm 18 teeth

Which one should I choose for longevity and reliability which one will last the longest under similar conditions ?

Attachments

• Aisin.jpg
    Aisin.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Exedy.jpg
    Exedy.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Luk.jpg
    Luk.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 3
I believe the Aisin stands out and its not compatible, the local distributor must have made a mistake

Yes the spline teeth count is how it mates to the transmission input shaft, it must match exactly. (When you're the mechanic, always try the new disk onto the transmission shaft before going further with the install, it can save a lot of headache vs discovering it doesn't fit later.)

I would think the extra 10mm of disk diameter could result in slightly longer life. Clutch life is highly dependent on the driver's technique and whether it is highway or city traffic.

Back