cylinder 2 missfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been 2 months since my maxima developed a miss on cylinder 1. And that turned out to be the injector.

now its back! cylinder 2. Now i already replaced the injector just about 45 minutes ago and it's missing. have not pulled out the plug but i did test the coil. coil is good.

im gonna take her to one of my shops have them run a live data feed to see whats up. and then test the fuel harness to make sure its good.

oh and im using an AUS injectors part# MP-10198. $50+6shipping compared to bwd or beck/arnley.

What type of coil configuration do you have? Individual COP or shared? Regardless of the test results swap the coil, see what happens. That and a PEA fuel additive to clean the plug and combustion chamber. Both have resolved (for now, its been 30k since the last time it went off) an occasional misfire I get from oil consumption issues in certain cylinders (bad valve seals)

Originally Posted By: sasha
oh and im using an AUS injectors

Rebuilt injectors can be big trouble. I don't/wont sell them, they are used cleaned up units bought from core suppliers by the 100lb bucket or returned cores.
Mileage is unknown as is whether they had dried out on the rail when pulled.
They are a recipe for disaster.

You would be better served getting your old ones cleaned and tested or pulling a set off a low mileage car in the junk yard that still has wet injectors in it.
Then get them cleaned.

Many times i can sell Bosch or Denso factory new units flow matched for 60-80 bucks each.
PM me if you have any other injector problems.

to leakyseals..my car uses individual coil packs. and i already used pea based fuel additives and water removers.

to trav... i actually have no issues with reman stuff and my injectors are really easy to replace. I will take your offer in the future when i get enough $$$$ and decide to overhual my fuel system.

im down to one fact. my overheating and limp mode condition a few months back caused a deteriation of equipment of cylinder 1 and 2.

thanks a bunch for your advice and help.

Before spending money to "replace" parts that have multiple units on the car, it is usually wise to swap them between cylinders to see if it follows the parts swapped.

I made the mistake of taking a shop's word for the "fact" that a coil pack needed replacement on my daughter's 1999 Infiniti I30 (same car as Maxima). So, I wasted $150 on aftermarket coils - which work fine, BTW.

I was pretty darned upset. I had her take the car to a shop I located in College Station, where she attends school. The shop had good reviews online. They diagnosed the problem as a leaky intake manifold gasket. The car is now fine. I was so bent on finding the high tech cause of the problem that I didn't even think about something as low tech as a gasket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back