Cv Axles

Hello,

What aftermarket Cv axle brands are worth buying? Is it better to buy a new or remanufactured Cv axle and what parts house is better...Napa, Advance auto, AutoZone or choose a brand from rockauto, Amazon or another online vendor? I know a lot of new Cv axles are made in China...Thanks

Hello,

What aftermarket Cv axle brands are worth buying? Is it better to buy a new or remanufactured Cv axle and what parts house is better...Napa, Advance auto, AutoZone or choose a brand from rockauto, Amazon or another online vendor? I know a lot of new Cv axles are made in China...Thanks
Everyone will generally put OEM or a Raxles rebuild at the top of the list. Can't go wrong with either of those, but unless you have a super sensitive application or are racing the car, it can be a little overkill. (IE $$$$)

I've had good results out of the GSP brand. They look to be well built and have been holding up just fine in my two Honda cars.

If you can find Protech, get those. Aftermarket axles and/or "rebuilt" axles will be hit-or-miss, so you might as well get ones with thermoplastic boots.

Sometimes they pop up on eBay.

You can't even get new axles anymore, only "reman" which are Cardone.

You could also try Raxles or CVJ Reman. They're supposed to be good rebuilders.

We put some Duralast ones on our Camry they were new we don’t buy remanufactured stuff and they have done pretty good. That was just over a year ago. I’ve had the best luck with Napa and Auto Zone if using a parts store.

About 5 years ago I installed an "Autopart International" brand axle (made in China of course) which was on Rockauto closeout for $30. It's been fine all this time.

About 5 years ago I installed an "Autopart International" brand axle (made in China of course) which was on Rockauto closeout for $30. It's been fine all this time.

(Edit: Sorry about the double post, browser crashed.)

Back