[Cut Open] Volkswagen 04E 115 561 H (9,535 Miles)

04E115561Hd1.jpeg

04E115561Hd2.jpeg

04E115561Hd3.jpeg

04E115561Hd4.jpeg

04E115561Hd5.jpeg

04E115561Hd6.jpeg

04E115561Hd7.jpeg

04E115561Hd8.jpeg

04E115561Hd9.jpeg

04E115561Hd10.jpeg

You have some mileage on this one. Did you go by an oil life monitor? For all the dirty Volkswagen stories I hear that Oil still looks useable.

You have some mileage on this one. Did you go by an oil life monitor? For all the dirty Volkswagen stories I hear that Oil still looks useable.
VW recommends a 10k mi interval, with a good filter and VW508 oil it's easily doable. The EA211 is pretty easy on oil in comparison to some other VW engines.

US market Volkswagens are all set (or supposed to be set, dealers and those with Ross tech and similar can change it) to fixed intervals of 10,000 miles, Other markets can have variable intervals depending on oil quality. There is some debate about whether the US market cars have the necessary hardware to do the variable intervals although the coding is there in my car, i believe I could set it to variable. As it is - fixed with quality oil works fine.

I understand the Variable intervals can go up to 18,000 miles or so.

There always seems to be a trip coming up and it gets changed a little early because i don't want to exceed the 10,000 right now.

US market Volkswagens are all set (or supposed to be set, dealers and those with Ross tech and similar can change it) to fixed intervals of 10,000 miles, Other markets can have variable intervals depending on oil quality. There is some debate about whether the US market cars have the necessary hardware to do the variable intervals although the coding is there in my car, i believe I could set it to variable. As it is - fixed with quality oil works fine.

I understand the Variable intervals can go up to 18,000 miles or so.

There always seems to be a trip coming up and it gets changed a little early because i don't want to exceed the 10,000 right now.
That's some good information. I didn't know the programming could be changed from fixed to variable. It would be in the best interest of VW & owners to err on the side of caution by setting it on the fixed mode rather than potentially going 18k lol. I understand what you're saying by changing the oil before a trip. It usually feels good to have your ducks in a row before a trip.

Back