Cut open my PureOne (pics)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bored, so I cut it open...this is after M1 5W-30 for 3k/7 months!

Filter looks great...very solid construction and (sigh) not the "solid brick" of media others said it would be....

-

-

-

-

I've got a Hastings on there now, and will cut open that one in about 6 months to compare!!

Appears to be in great shape. Someone refresh my memory, is Hastings the same as Baldwin, or Wix? I believe Baldwin, but i forget.

Hmmmm, doesnt look much different than a regular purolator. Remind me again why its 2x the price of a premium plus.

Oh ya, thanks for the nice photos.

Pureone's have much more media than regular Purolators. They also have the Silicone ADBV. They may also have different media than the regular purolators, but that i am not sure of. It's twice the price, but twice the price of $2.50 aint much, heck of a filter for $5.

The photos of purolators with strings around the media are from older filter studies. It is also possible that only certain filters have strings around the media, but id still be willing to bet that they don't need string anymore and have found ways to work without it.

quote:

Originally posted by vad:
Great pictures of a solid filter.
Why only 3K miles?

Because it was just sitting mostly while I was in school. I usually will go 6k with M1, but I just got the itch after 7 months:)

quote:

Originally posted by Jonny Z:
"solid brick" of media?? Hmmm
Gives me an idea.
How about porous ceramic based filter media.

Would be great for a bypass filter. I can see it now ...just like spring water..

"Filtered through the equivalent of 20 miles of sandstone".

Now for the testimonials
grin.gif

Ceramic filters already exist, with pore sizes down into the Ultra and Nano filtration range.

You probably would not want to use one just based on price.

Phil

quote:

Originally posted by drewjp:

quote:

Originally posted by vad:
Great pictures of a solid filter.
Why only 3K miles?

Because it was just sitting mostly while I was in school. I usually will go 6k with M1, but I just got the itch after 7 months:)

By the looks of it the oil was still relatively clear and perfect, go get some cream for that itch.
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by sxg6:
Appears to be in great shape. Someone refresh my memory, is Hastings the same as Baldwin, or Wix? I believe Baldwin, but i forget.

Yep, Hastings and Baldwin are the same. Different color filters and part numbers though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back