[Cut Open] FRAM Titanium FS7317 (Virgin)

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Ignatius
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Also, didn't see it mentioned ... but the base gasket on the Titanium is black, but all of Fram's depictions show it to be orange.

The can is black, the box is black, and the gasket (in reality) is black. I think depicting the gasket as orange in advertisement is just a means of drawing attention to it and the description of how it is different compared to every other black gasket.

Box shows an orange base gasket.

Photo from OP's first post.

[Linked Image from rangerxlt.com]

I think you are missing my point, it is colored orange on the box so to distinguish it from the black background on the box and black filter can in its vicinity on the box as well. If the gasket were depicted as black colored is would simply blend in with the background and filter can.

The orange coloring is for illustrative purposes in this case. I guess I can't wrap my mind around why this matters because highlighting such as this is very common in advertising.

Originally Posted by Ignatius
I think you are missing my point, it is colored orange on the box so to distinguish it from the black background on the box and black filter can in its vicinity on the box as well. If the gasket were depicted as black colored is would simply blend in with the background and filter can.

The orange coloring is for illustrative purposes in this case. I guess I can't wrap my mind around why this matters because highlighting such as this is very common in advertising.

I'll have to disagree to that logic. A black colored gasket on a silver base plate in the photo art would show up fine. Fram shows it as orange on their website also in the exploded view. If it was black in the exploded view it would still show up fine.

BTW - the Force on Fram's website is black, just like it's shown on the Force box.

It looks more like misrepresentation of the product being sold. They could easily show the base gasket on the box as black so people could see what it is, especially when there is an explanation pointing to the gasket. But hey ... "it is what it is".

Im sure it's a fine filter but i agree. The gasket in all the marketing literature shows as orange. Not just in the pieces where there's a black background
either. For instance, below. No reason why it couldn't be shown with the black gasket it actually comes with.

Now, all this is assuming all model numbers come with the same construction.

Misrepresentation...

Screenshot_20200617-225745_Samsung Internet.jpg

Originally Posted by blupupher
So what is a "Perfect seal gasket" anyway? How is it different than the orange silicone gasket on the Ultra?

Wish Motorking was still around.

The Ultras I've seen don't have an orange base gasket, and it shows a black gasket on Fram's website also.

Can someone please explain to me what difference it makes whether the gasket in reality is colored black or orange? If it were orange, in reality, instead of black would it be better? Would you be happier? Do you feel like you are being deprived when you found out the gasket was actually black and not orange?

PerfectSeal and PowerFlow are trademarks so they spent some money on them. The box designer probably put the gasket in orange as a depiction to contrast it to the black background. There is also a swirl depicted which may be the "PowerFlow." In any case the gasket is black. Probably the same high temp nitrile advertised on other Fram filters
Now when Denso goofs on box depictions, oh boy someone will say it makes the whole filter suspect.
laugh.gif
49.gif

The box also depicts the outer media as yellow. But in reality it is pink.
I think I like the look of that PowerFlow trademarked swirl they depict on the box. When my stash of ol filters is used up these will be the ones to get with the PowerFlow Technology.

I am thinking about returning the Fram Titanium filter I just bought, not because it does not have an orange gasket but because it was not emitting an orange mist as depicted on the box.

No mist, no sale!

Back