Cut Open Fram TG with Magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shows the metal particles the magnet caught.

CSCC

Chrysler 2.7
62,467 total miles
3600 miles on oil change/filter
First run with magnet on this car.
Pic shows black metal particles in shape of magnet/pole fields.

Last edited:
You can only post a link because the link doesn't end in .JPG or .GIF etc. the forum won't recognize it and post the picture...

I had similar looking results with my filter mag... Magnets are great.

Not all. Some particles are too fine.

Also if your filter is in bypass mode it lets unfiltered oil thru.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what additonal runs catch.

Being this is the first it is bound to catch more I would guess.

Also will be interesting to see if the Pure One filter makes a difference.

I know with my Filter-Mag it caught a ton of stuff (Even more than your PIC) within the first 30K KM's on my engine and then it trailed off.

Now with over 300K KM's on my engine I'm barely catching any residue and that might be because the engine is worn-in well or because the magnet is getting a bit weak.

I notice it's easier to take off than before but it still grips the filter quite well so I'm not sure.

Definitely would always use a magnet on my filters from what I saw with my Filter-Mag. It's gotta be helping...

Last edited:
Yeah those Filter Mags are way more powerful than the magnet I have.

Your wear has probably slowed down plus you have caught all those built up metal particles before you were using the magnet.

How long have you used your magnet and how many miles when you started using it on that vehicle?

I have used it from 5,000KM (3K Miles) on the truck and I'm still using it. I now have 320K+ (192K+ Miles) on it now. I have accumulated all this in the last 4.5 years.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Did you experience cam phasing issues and a loss of power when hot with this Fram Tough Guard?

crackmeup2.gif

Did you experience cam phasing issues and a loss of power when hot with this Fram Tough Guard?

lol.gif
28.gif

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

crackmeup2.gif

+1 Never used a magnet, but it's a neat gadget.
41iQuYeBVOL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back