Cut open a used bosch 3423 PF59 equiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which means it has 4 times the pleats as Fram. Yea where's the Bosch??

[ February 01, 2003, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: Al ]

I borrowed someone else's pics of the pf59 from this forum for comparison. I didn't take pics of the Bosch. I was just stating I was shocked by the number of pleats the Bosch filter has.

that does look pretty close to the bosch that i have, the delco must be a dang good filter. are all of them made by champ labs?

Rob, did your Bosch have a big dried glob of glue over the filter media, un-even pleats or a stuck open anti-drainback valve? I still think that the Bosch is not as quality as everyone thinks it is. Even in the NTPOG oil filter study, the author mentions that the Bosch Premium he cut open seemed lower quality than the STP or Mobil 1. I will not use a Bosch again after having engine noise, and then cutting open the filter and comparing it to the Motorcraft that I had been using. Just my opinion though, Joe

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
The AC Delcos are not made by Champion Labs, not even the Ultraguards are made by them anymore.

I'm not sure who makes the AC Delcos in the US, but it's not Champion. In Canada it's Dana who makes the AC Delco filters (same company who makes Wix)

Patman, Champion is ONE of the makers of AC aftermarket filters. Delphi makes the OEM AC filters put on at the factory.

quote:

Originally posted by joee12:
Rob, did your Bosch have a big dried glob of glue over the filter media, un-even pleats or a stuck open anti-drainback valve? I still think that the Bosch is not as quality as everyone thinks it is. Even in the NTPOG oil filter study, the author mentions that the Bosch Premium he cut open seemed lower quality than the STP or Mobil 1. I will not use a Bosch again after having engine noise, and then cutting open the filter and comparing it to the Motorcraft that I had been using. Just my opinion though, Joe

Nope! Mine looked perfect. All the pleats were tightly packed together and very evenly spaced apart. I do however believe the antidrainback valve on the Bosch could eb better but my Silverado seems to like it (quiet on start-up). BTW, I looked at the autozone AC Delco and it had the same endcap as the champion labs filters.

quote:

Originally posted by HOndaGuy:
that does look pretty close to the bosch that i have, the delco must be a dang good filter. are all of them made by champ labs?

The AC Delcos are not made by Champion Labs, not even the Ultraguards are made by them anymore.

I'm not sure who makes the AC Delcos in the US, but it's not Champion. In Canada it's Dana who makes the AC Delco filters (same company who makes Wix)

I recently removed an ACDelco filter from a Honda, and it sure looked like it came from Champ Labs...five oil entry holes, etc.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back