cut open a bunch a filters today at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we were very dead today at work so i decided to cut open some filters with my cut off wheel. Didnt get any pics because my phone died, so i got bored and started cutting open filters.

Purolator is what we put on cars tht we service. Basic filter is the promotive, then purolator, then the pureone. Now were starting to get the red purolator filters to replace the purolator classic filters.

I opened a bunch or the promotive oil filters and of course they were torn. The promotive filters didnt look 2 bad. I cut open a jiffy lube oil filter tht looked decent. And i cut open a PF63E acdelco oil filter off a 3.6 DI gmc acadia we had come in today and it looked very good. Not sure of the mileage on it but i dont c why ppl dont like the e-core acdelco's?

Even though the Ecore cage spacing has been decreased, the spacing is still too large to support the media. Apparently, Champ/Fram is using good quality media in the Ecore now. If the media does have a problem, big chunks could possibly go through that large spacing, so some of us are hesitant to use them myself included.

Where are the filters? Leave them somewhere where you can snap the pics when you recharge your phone.... Othwerwise don't tease the rest of us.

Those three bikini clad filters, sure do have some nice pleats!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I like the middle filter !!!

Well it happened. [censored] froze over.

I agree with you on something.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Well it happened. [censored] froze over.

I agree with you on something.

It's more fun when we are disagree
cheers3.gif

If everyone agrees with everyone else, then this board will be very boring !!!

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

It looks the best built of the three. LOL
20.gif
banana2.gif
lol.gif

That one also has the bigger inlet for high flow rate which crazyoildude is obsessed about
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Stewie
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

It looks the best built of the three. LOL
20.gif
banana2.gif
lol.gif

That one also has the bigger inlet for high flow rate which crazyoildude is obsessed about
crackmeup2.gif

Hopefully the center tube isn't louvered.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back