Customers I Don't like

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Get up this AM and have a PayPal dispute
Guy buys a part from me- synthetic seal.
Never emailed me before or after. Gets three day service across the country.
He on his own orders something that has absolutely no application for his use he claims.
Does he contact me and send it back for a refund.
No- he goes to PP and cries I sent him the wrong part.

I go right to PP myself and ream him- you made a mistake. You never contacted me prior or after the sale.
Man up and send it back for an instant refund minus the shipping because you have wasted both our time
and not me.

His trick is to just get the charge refunded in full or he lied and has the part he needed and wants it for free.
An honest person would ask prior or contact the vendor afterwards.
Nothing new under the sun.

You may think I'm rude but I know the kind all too well.

You're doing business online with a generation of crybabies and 'not-my-faulters'. And in some cases, thieves. May be hard to hear, but you might just build this reality into your business plan as an anticipated expense. Nobody reads directions, nobody knows what 'policy' means. Everyone just jumps to the worst possible conclusion when something goes wrong, and in some cases, Paypal sides with them. They're all looking for someone else to blame besides their own stupidity.

I hope you get to keep your money, or at least the shipping charges if he does actually send it back.

You're doing business online with a generation of crybabies and 'not-my-faulters'. And in some cases, thieves. May be hard to hear, but you might just build this reality into your business plan as an anticipated expense. Nobody reads directions, nobody knows what 'policy' means. Everyone just jumps to the worst possible conclusion when something goes wrong, and in some cases, Paypal sides with them. They're all looking for someone else to blame besides their own stupidity.

I hope you get to keep your money, or at least the shipping charges if he does actually send it back.
Wow spot on- you get it big time- thanks.

If I make a mistake I pay shipping both ways and refund or whatever is required at no expense to the customer.
I want to make it good as soon as possible.

So whatever happened here with this Paypal issue?

They came and took all their money. Ended up being over 4 million the following day.
Said it was simply an electronic error and my account was not compromised at all.
Never happened again.

Last edited:
I just made a mistake on a stove part. I knew the right number but somehow neglected to read correctly. I don't expect the seller to pay for that mistake. I would say they need an extra step to file a claim, you MUST contact the seller and have a good reason they were at fault. There are many bad sellers out there too, which is why they started all this. I have a lot of tools and cameras I would like to sell on ebay as I used to do, but this new policy on returns they have makes me leery. I already had people return things and I know they were monkeying around with it, forcing things, which means I still have something here that is worthless and broken. I am not Walmart. Maybe if more sellers would complain.

My adult daughter is going through a dispute with PayPal for a horse saddle she sold. The purchaser appears to have buyer's remorse and has lied to PayPal even though my daughter submitted transparent evidence to the contrary. My daughter has the payment in her bank account. Paypal refunded the amount to the purchaser, who sent the saddle back. FedEx let another person pick up the saddle from their terminal and lied about that. The purchaser slandered my daughter on social media. The saddle eventually was found in the Fedex system. A big cluster bomb and lesson for my daughter about selling things like this. Final results are pending.

Was this with eBay? I guess I don’t get it.

How can he say you sent him the wrong part? What exactly did he think he was buying?

We all have those type of customers Jim. We had a customer who wanted free services because she claimed she was offended we didn’t greet her when she came in which was false we did. She even called her husband to come up there and my boss stood up to both of them and she never got her free services lol. Haven’t seen her since.

Was this with eBay? I guess I don’t get it.

How can he say you sent him the wrong part? What exactly did he think he was buying?
No from my webstore
I see this often when they buy a very small item under $10
They claim the wrong part was sent to get it free
One clue is if they don't come to me first. Being in the game for decades excuses and lies
won't fly so they try to go around me. Proof- they never want to send it back.

Ebay and Paypal got a divorce recently.

I sell on line as well, the overwhelming majority of my customers are decent folks thankfully, but there is always a bad apple. Dealing with one now in fact.

The seller is more over a barrel than ever in today's market, I am now forced to refund shipping I paid (and service rendered) as well as pay for the shipping to return the item to me, even if it's because they didn't bother to read in the first place. Shopping on cell phones has made the "not reading" issue much worse the last 10 years.

Every once in a rare while I have to refund it all and let them keep the product. Ridiculous, but fortunately not common.

Ebay will hammer you with higher fees though if you do it, and will also deny you high seller ratings. (n)
I really don't like Ebay either. In the old days the first thing they did was have PP take away the sellers cash on any kind of dispute.
Sellers are bums too. way back when ebay started I bought an old pistol off of there from pre 1898
How was it packaged? In a bag of sawdust- yes floating in sawdust. From WV........ yeah I know
I kept it but that was nuts.

Places I like Walmart and Amazon helped create this.
Usually they give in and tell you to keep it.
So buyers assume a small business is open to the same scamming.

You can blame Amazon for too lenient return policies that people expect the rest of the world to follow.

I've had items I wanted to return to Amazon and they said just keep it and we'll refund your money. There was no giving in it was their choice.

I recently sold 3 items on Gunbroker.com and 2 of the 3 buyers were difficult for no good reason.

We all have those type of customers Jim. We had a customer who wanted free services because she claimed she was offended we didn’t greet her when she came in which was false we did. She even called her husband to come up there and my boss stood up to both of them and she never got her free services lol. Haven’t seen her since.
We call those “entitled to everything” types up here in PA or dad calls them “snobs”

Last time I ordered online I bought 2 roll bar drop links. The seller sent me 1 correct one and a wrong one for the other side. Contacted them, they sent me the correct part no questions asked and didn't want the wrong part back. I suppose shipping was more than the wholesale price.

Next day the correct part arrived. I'm happy how this was handled. Had I bought the wrong part I would have eaten that cost too.

Back