Cub Cadet Xt1 LT 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a 2015 Cub cadet Xt1 LT 46. Does any one know where the switch is located that keeps the blade from working while backing up. I have no children or small animals so nothing to back over while mowing. It has a button that can be pushed to mow backing up but I rather just by pass the whole thing. Thanks.

Not familiar with your model, but its usually near the (forward/reverse) shift lever. If you have a button that you push to be able to mow in reverse, well there you go. Take the wires off the back of that button and check which ones you can splice together, or use a jumper wire.

Yeah, I have a 20 year old Cub. It was easy to find it on that one. They have hid it on this one. Its not on the forward reverse peddle. It may be on top of the trans axel. I am going to pull the battery out and have a look. If I don't find I will look into the button wiring. But then you got to put the key in another position to even get the button to work. What a pain.

Pull up your schematic online and it show you were all the switches and wires are, as you can buy the switch as a replacement part should it go bad. So check out the online schematics.

I just happen to own a 2015 Cub Cadet XT1 LT46" also and out of curiosity from this post, looked around for the reverse sensing switch.

Found it located on the fwd/rev linkage that connects the pedals to the transaxle.

If you reach in from the right rear tire area and feel around on top/right of the transaxle, you can hear/feel the switch click as you activate the reverse pedal .

Guessing you might be able to better reach from above it by removing the battery, but still a tight squeeze to get your hands in there to remove it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mlatour
I just happen to own a 2015 Cub Cadet XT1 LT46" also and out of curiosity from this post, looked around for the reverse sensing switch.

Found it located on the fwd/rev linkage that connects the pedals to the transaxle.

If you reach in from the right rear tire area and feel around on top/right of the transaxle, you can hear/feel the switch click as you activate the reverse pedal .

Guessing you might be able to better reach from above it by removing the battery, but still a tight squeeze to get your hands in there to remove it.

Thanks. I thought it might be located on top of the trans axel.I will pull the battery out and see if I can locate it.

OK I found the switch today. You got to take the battery out. Its on top of the trans axel on the right where the rod goes into the trans axel. I tried un plugging it but that doesn't work. You got to take the switch loose. There is one screw holding it. It had a 5/16 head on it. If you have big hands you will never get it out. Took me about an hour. I used a 1/4 drive socket and a 5/16 open end wrench and finally got it out. I plugged it back up and tie wired it to the axel. Now mows in reverse like it should before lawyers got into manufacturing. If you look up under the back plate of the mower you can see it as well. Thanks to every one who who tried to help.

Not that I condone bypassing safety features, but I've done this type of mod to many machines. Typically these switches need to open to kill the clutch or engine ignition. Unplugging it won't help, but jumpering the connector will keep it bypassed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back