Cruise control question?

DR1

My 2008 Nissan Titan is 2wd and it came from the factory with Dana 2.96 in the rear. Today I got my truck back from the shop and I had Dana 3.69 installed. Now my cruise control is not working. I had it dyno tuned with Uprev software about 4 months ago along with a few mods installed.

Just got a message from email that said this about my issue. What do you all think about this response I just got?

"Changing rear end ratios will cause the cruise control not to work. Problem a lot of guys have had. There is a sensor in the tail housing of the transmission that gets throwed off. No fix "

When changing rear diff ratios I've had to change the speedo pickup gear, but having it break cruise control is a new one to me. If the shop knew about this, it seems like something they should have warned you about beforehand. I'm surprised a 2008 year model has that kind of excessive electronics & sensors.

Can you get a second opinion? I hope his knowledge of cars exceeds his knowledge of grammar. ;)

My 300ZX's cruise had stopped working because of a bushing in the clutch pedal had dry rotted over the years and fallen out. The bushing operates a small switch. Replacing that bushing because of the tight space under the dash was a HUGE pita! Replaced it and all was good once again. I wonder if your cruise (since it's an automatic) works off a bushing in the brake pedal?

My 300ZX's cruise had stopped working because of a bushing in the clutch pedal had dry rotted over the years and fallen out. The bushing operates a small switch. Replacing that bushing because of the tight space under the dash was a HUGE pita! Replaced it and all was good once again. I wonder if your cruise (since it's an automatic) works off a bushing in the brake pedal?
Very well might. This happened the day my rear differential was changed. I have been on Google regarding this with Titans but it is old info. I am wondering if the Uprev software can fix it? I have emailed my guy that did my tuning but no response from him. Uprev is closed until Monday.

Back