Credit where due! Walmart delivers.

Family member found the Wrangler Trailmark on Walmart's website today. In stock at the local Walmart. Website said $93.89 per tire. They called the store to confirm they were available. The manager of the tire center confirmed they were in stock, and were $127/tire. Family member said they were showing as $93.89 online. Manager said "Nope. $127/each. Installing all 4 would be $100 which includes road hazard coverage. With taxes and fees, total price $670."

I suggested to my family member that if they really wanted those tires, they should order them online at the $93.89 for in store pick up and then just have them installed when they arrive. They gave up and are going to get General Grabber HTS60 at BJ's Wholesale for the same $670 out-the-door price. Ultimately they feel more comfortable getting the General Grabbers as opposed to a Goodyear made specifically for Walmart...especially after the hassle they would have to go through at Walmart for the pricing. If Walmart had said on the phone that they were $93.89, they would have had a sale today.

Family member found the Wrangler Trailmark on Walmart's website today. In stock at the local Walmart. Website said $93.89 per tire. They called the store to confirm they were available. The manager of the tire center confirmed they were in stock, and were $127/tire. Family member said they were showing as $93.89 online. Manager said "Nope. $127/each. Installing all 4 would be $100 which includes road hazard coverage. With taxes and fees, total price $670."

I suggested to my family member that if they really wanted those tires, they should order them online at the $93.89 for in store pick up and then just have them installed when they arrive. They gave up and are going to get General Grabber HTS60 at BJ's Wholesale for the same $670 out-the-door price. Ultimately they feel more comfortable getting the General Grabbers as opposed to a Goodyear made specifically for Walmart...especially after the hassle they would have to go through at Walmart for the pricing. If Walmart had said on the phone that they were $93.89, they would have had a sale today.
If it is the exact same Wrangler Trailmark (there are variants) and the $93.89 listing is directly sold by Walmart, then they are required to price match it.

I would complain to the store manager.

Back