Credit Bureaus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My credit rating with Trans Union is (for the moment due to reporting errors poor). The other two credit bureaus show a very good - excellent rating.

In time (30-60 days) I can challenge and fix Trans union I am sure. Working on that now.

However, at the moment I have a wedding and would like to open a charge card or line of credit "just in case".

Are there banks that go by bureaus other than Trans Union?

Any banks easier on credit than others?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

I've just looked at my 3 bureau credit report and found the following

1) All my credit cards are reporting my status to all 3 bureaus

2) My applications for credit from Amex, Citi, First USA (Chase), Home Depot, Target did not result in an inquiry to Transunion. Amex & Citi went to Experian, First USA went to Equifax & Experian, Home Depot & Target went to Equifax. Only Discover went to Transunion.

Hope this helps. If you need any marriage advice, let me know.

Originally Posted By: oilcoholic
I've found that Credit Unions are very helpful. If you have access to one, give them a try.

I agree, Credit Union is the easiest place to get Credit Cards.

for what it's worth, lenders/banks/what-have-you usually go by the 'middle score' from the three credit bureaus when evaluating scores.

If you look at the credit card forums at http://ficoforums.myfico.com/ you can usually find discussion on which cards pull from which CRA.

Most creditors (outside of mortgages) only check one credit report and if you can figure out which one in advance, you should be fine.

Watch your incoming mail for preapproved offers. Fill out a random one and send it in.

When I had a modest error on my credit report, the offers went way up. Perfection as a customer is not something they all want.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: oilcoholic
I've found that Credit Unions are very helpful. If you have access to one, give them a try.

I agree, Credit Union is the easiest place to get Credit Cards.
Maybe, but at the same time they will also check and report things to the bureaus, and not what you'd expect.

I opened an account at one 2 years ago, just the basic savings to get my foot in the door for future services, and there's an inquiry notation for that on my credit report.

Originally Posted By: opus1

I opened an account at one 2 years ago, just the basic savings to get my foot in the door for future services, and there's an inquiry notation for that on my credit report.

It's relatively common for banks and credit unions to pull your credit through a hard inquiry when you open your first account. They most likely also ran your ChexSystems report too.

If the inquiry is older than 2 years, it shouldn't be showing up on your credit report at all. If it's between 1 and 2 years old, it will show up but wont be used for FICO scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back