Crazy/weird stuff our neighbors do/did!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody knows we all had that special neighbor or neighbors at one time or another. Bought my house in a rural, small, clean, quiet town seven years ago. Neighbor behind me about 40 yards back from my house -- the Father is retired and the mother is deceased. Anyways, his son & daughter in law & there little/small son live with them. Father moves out last year into a retirement community -- July 4th the son who is in his middle 30s decides to have a party. About 11pm he starts shooting fireworks off one after another and there landing on my roof. Of course my wife is, "what the __ck!!" I walk back there & nicely ask him to stop the fireworks because there hitting my roof and the last thing I need or want is a fire. He stops for about 20 minutes then starts right back up again. I called the cops then after that which how I was raised -- calling the cops was a last last resort. Cops come, I tell them whats going on -- I tell them I dont want no charges filed just for him to stop and I explained to the cop that I asked him nicely to stop about 20 minutes ago pertaining -- they were landing on my roof. Cop handled it but some of the craziest -- "STUPID" things people do???? This year Pennsylvania legalized fireworks & I was waiting to see what prevailed on July 4th this year -- thank God -- no party.

Dale

Last edited:
Well, that doesn't sound quite that crazy...

I have one neighbor who's a bit crazy but in a harmless way (actually quite a helpful guy, but you'll get an earful in the process). Neighbor who's gone now used to have some pretty good shouting matches but I somehow missed most of that. Otherwise it's a quiet area.

4th of July, we all go down the hill to the beach where they light them off. Probably need to find a new place to watch, we got snowed on from all the debris coming down out of the sky. Whoever is doing it is crazy to spend that much money on fireworks, but they sure seem to enjoy making the show.

I have seen so much. One guy bought an old cabin on 4.6 acres,basically my next door neighbor. The road went through his property and was north of his cabin. He tore the cabin down and built a mcmansion. He then rerouted the road around the south property line.

That lasted a few months until the county determined that his house was now on the wrong side of the road and they made him buy an address and change his address.

Another neighbor spent years making a walk way out of rocks. There are benches occasionally and visitors can sit down and smoke different kinds of marijuana during their walk. Its big enough to be seen by satellite pics.

Screenshot_20180928-055822.png

Last edited:
We had a neighbor across the street in the NW suburbs of Chicago do something similar with fireworks on one 4th when we weren't in town...came back to find bottle rocket sticks all over our yard and a next door neighbor telling us that something big landed on their roof on fire and they had to get the hose out to put it out. I asked why people put up with this and was told the guy was "bad news" and not to challenge him...he was a little drunk 5'2" guy so I knew he probably wasn't a fighter, maybe he had lots of guns or something. I told the next door neighbor I would make sure it didn't happen next year, but the people across the street had moved away by then to be replaced by something even worse! Guy running a shipping business out of his garage so semis would be parked blocking the street a few times a week, young employees lived there and raised [censored] at all hours of the night.

We had some weird neighbors with a giant overturned metal tub covering most of their backyard when I was a kid...had never seen anybody from the house outside before an older kid walked up to another neighbor boy and I while we were playing and said that we could play under the tub with him. We thought this sounded cool, so we went to his house and climbed under the thing...they had dug out a couple feet deep under it and we could tell there were other people in there. Somebody we couldn't see told us to take off our pants...my friend and I got the [censored] out of there in a hurry, should have told our parents but didn't because we felt stupid for going there in the first place. Never saw that older kid or anybody else from that house ever again....

None of my neighbors really do anything too crazy, but we do have a few of them who insist on walking at the worst possible times. My road is pretty curvy, so it can often be hard to see people if they walk on the wrong side of a corner. These people constantly walk late a night while wearing dark clothing, often 3-4 across the road and don't move over for cars. They walk in the rain too, and one night I came home in a blizzard and they were walking down the center of the road. Not sure how someone can be so idiotic. At least wear reflective clothing or have a light.

You did the right thing. You tried to be nice about it but some folks just need the slap on the wrist. Glad to that he didn't do anything in retaliation. Some people just have no idea about being a good neighbour.

Our neighbours have a party once a year at the end of the summer. They go around and invite all the neighbours to it and tell them it will most likely run until all hours of the morning but that if the music / noise gets to be too much to just let them know and they will tone it down.

We can hear it from the bedroom but it isn't loud enough that we can't sleep and we just let it go because they are good about it and it's only once a year.

Last edited:
I also had a neighbor one time that she had severe mental problems -- she would root through other peoples trash & take the stuff in the house. Besides that, she sat on her front porch all hours of the day & night and smoked what seemed -- two hundred cigarettes a day. Another neighbor who had a dog, the daughter used to throw the dog [censored] over our fence into our yard when I was a teenager growing up. There is ALL TYPES out there. Some you laugh -- others you cringe.

We moved into a small development and the neighbors do loud fireworks half the night, we had a talking about it and they are now moving. It is not they did the fire works it was because they were so stupid to do the fireworks half the night. There is a guy up the street that comes home from work pops off a dozen or so rounds maybe a whole magazine from his Kalashnikov and then quits shooting , it sounds like freedom and is not disturbing because it doesn't go on all day. Some people lack common sense.

Calling the Fire department for fireworks complaints seems to be very effective by the way.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
I also had a neighbor one time that she had severe mental problems -- she would root through other peoples trash & take the stuff in the house. Besides that, she sat on her front porch all hours of the day & night and smoked what seemed -- two hundred cigarettes a day. Another neighbor who had a dog, the daughter used to throw the dog [censored] over our fence into our yard when I was a teenager growing up. There is ALL TYPES out there. Some you laugh -- others you cringe.

Boy, that reminds me of when my dad's neighbor got mad at him over a property line discussion and threw a bunch of his poodle's waste onto dad's roof.
Pop was in his early 70s at the time and saw there was something up there and didn't want to climb...I got up there and was amazed to find dried dog stuff.
The neighbor happened to come home right then and saw me up there...oh man, did he get scared! He practically ran into his house as I threw the stuff over onto his house with a shovel. I wanted to go have a little "talk" with him, but dad wanted to try to defuse the situation despite being angry himself...I probably had eighty pounds on the jerk and really wanted to put a scare into the guy and pop him a few if he gave me any guff, but maybe dad was worried about what the much younger guy might do to him when I wasn't around. They had more arguments, but the little louse had learned that maybe he shouldn't assume dad was defenseless.

The guy actually came in handy years later when he alerted me to some trouble my sister had gotten into after dad had passed, but he was always an arrogant little loudmouth who tried to lecture everybody else on what they should do with their lives despite having done little with his own. He ended up dying pretty young and I can't say I was crying my eyes out when I heard, not that I wished him any harm once he stopped bugging my dad.

I've got a crazy woman and grown daughter that lives two doors down . The neighbor that lives between us told me that she has seen those two fist fighting on their back porch in the wee hours of the morning . Also , the woman would push the panic button on her car key fob to set off the horn and scare away the people that were " climbing on her roof " . She cursed her neighbor because she was sitting on her patio having a glass of wine and reading a book . Stood at the property line and screamed until the woman went inside .The Sheriff has had to come out several times to chat with her about the crazy behavior . It's been quiet for a while but it's just a matter of time before she goes off again .

At my old house, I built a block wall 50' long. I told my neighbor that I was doing everything except the grout on his side. I told him how to do it and when I would be working.
He refused to lift a finger. I looked over the wall years later and all the grout was still there and looked like *&^%$. Thing is he would go outside and watch me build the wall.
He just sat in his chair drinking and watching. About a year before I moved he paid someone to grind off all the grout.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
the daughter used to throw the dog [censored] over our fence into our yard ....

i would return said "property" back to them via "Hair Spray cannon".......

My new neighbor is a 25 year old Vegan who just brought me over some fried chicken and tea.
Wants to hang out and watch Live PD...... Tonight...

The problem is I'm old enough to be her grandfather.....

Originally Posted by Chris142
I have seen so much. One guy bought an old cabin on 4.6 acres,basically my next door neighbor. The road went through his property and was north of his cabin. He tore the cabin down and built a mcmansion. He then rerouted the road around the south property line.

That lasted a few months until the county determined that his house was now on the wrong side of the road and they made him buy an address and change his address.

Another neighbor spent years making a walk way out of rocks. There are benches occasionally and visitors can sit down and smoke different kinds of marijuana during their walk. Its big enough to be seen by satellite pics.

Crop circle!
50.gif

My neighbours are not crazy or weird, just violent. A big altercation today, lots of shouting, pushing and shoving, fists flying, things smashing...oh the drama. No one calls the cops, just a normal day here. Last weekend I see a girl on the other side of me having target practice on the front lawn, with a rifle and scope...just a high powered air rifle, it makes a pretty good crack when it goes off. Mother and daughter living there - I think this was a show for the neighbourhood...the girls got a gun, and knows how to use it. Again, no cops for a firearm being used in the front yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back