Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Hour Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The digital hour meter on my Craftsman lawn tractor has reached 50 hours and is now alternately flashing "CHG OIL". Is there a way to reset this? The owner's manual provides no info.

I change the oil every ten hours anyway so it's a moot point.

Most of those kind of hour meters quit flashing after one hour's operation. I have an hour meter on my Craftsman walk-behind lawnmower that has the Honda 160 engine. I got it in 2000, and it presently has about 510 hours on it. I've always used Mobil 1 oil, changing it once a year or about every 60 hours. After 9 years and over 500 hours, it still goes the full year with absolutely no oil usage. I just changed it the other day, using M1 10W30 HM. It was still right on the full mark with the old oil, and it did not look bad.

My hour meter flashes every 25 hours suggesting an oil change. Considering my mower's age and fairly high hours, I am considering changing it every 25 hours in the future.

Quote:
I change the oil every ten hours anyway so it's a moot point.

WOW!!!
shocked2.gif

Yep. It's coded into the hour meter itself to flash maintenance reminders at certain intervals. Like 1999nick says, it will go away after some time accumulates (usually an hour).

Joel

There is no way to reset it,it will keep doing that every 50 hrs have to live with it,just keep track of your OCI hrs and forget about the meter reminder.

will stop flashing like said above

Wow! is right. Every ten hours?

I run my 16 hp Kohler powered Craftsman a whole season on Amsoil. Never gets dirty, 9 years old, no oil used at all ever.

Most of these motors are very slow, low hp output motors. They can't possibly benefit much from that short of an OCI.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I run my 16 hp Kohler powered Craftsman a whole season on Amsoil.

Same here,use ACD 30w with a P1 oil fitler @ 100hrs service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back