Craftsman buffers/polishers any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the porter cable is a good polisher. but are the craftsman models any good. sears has a 6", 7", and 10" models. the 6&7 say random orbital. 10" doesn't specify...
craftsman buffers

I'd get a PC, but i can't register for it at sears.

I've had a 10" one for about 25 years and have detailed many cars with it. They're OK for applying cleaner waxes and the like, but not too good for much else. They simply don't have the speed and power to fix paint issues like swirl marks and oxidation.

If you want something simple to apply a coat of NuFinish or Turtle Wax, they're fine.

3800 random orbits per minute matched to precision-tuned counterweight system simulates hand polishing motion for a swirl-free shine. Counterweight system reduces vibration for smooth operation.

Isn't that about what the PC runs?

Oh -- Craftsman 6" = 1A. PC = 3.7. That might make a difference...

Just your standard TW cleaner wax product. I used the name more as a general reference than a specific suggestion. Just about any cleaner wax product would apply to my example. Sorry for any confusion.

Can I ask you guys what you think about this buffer.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-WP900...5969&sr=8-2

Technical Details
Random orbit action of 4,400 opm for fast finish
2-handle design is comfortable and easy to use
Includes 1 foam applicator bonnet, 2 polishing bonnets

I was hoping to get a buffer with a handle for comfort and was wondering if this would be good for pre-cleaners or perhaps removing some scratches. And opinions??... Thanks!!

Quote:

Can I ask you guys what you think about this buffer.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-WP900...5969&sr=8-2

Technical Details
Random orbit action of 4,400 opm for fast finish
2-handle design is comfortable and easy to use
Includes 1 foam applicator bonnet, 2 polishing bonnets

I was hoping to get a buffer with a handle for comfort and was wondering if this would be good for pre-cleaners or perhaps removing some scratches. And opinions??... Thanks!!

Just look at the reviews on that on Amazon...sounds like garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back