Counterfeit NGK BPMR7A

Yeah, Amazon and eBay are not good places to buy quality brand name parts like NGK :sneaky:

The parts stores and hardware stores are safer places to buy them.

Consider the Autolite XST2974 iridium. Too bad NGK doesn't make iridium for this type.
There is one good seller on eBay for NGK, Bosch and other name brand parts. The seller is called "partscontainer". They are an authorized reseller with their own warehouse in Southern California, as well as utilize a national part wholesaler to drop ship (sometimes when I order from them my order is drop shipped from a parts warehouse not far from me). Every part I have bought from them in over a decade was legit...NGK plugs, Bosch plugs, Bosch O2 sensors, Bosch MAFs, etc

But I agree, eBay and Amazon can be a mine field if you are not careful.
I also will buy parts from legit car dealers on eBay and Amazon. A lot of them have accounts set up on both websites. I have purchased from BMW, Toyota, Mazda and Ferrari dealers without problems. You just need to do a little homework before you hit the buy button. :)

Has it been verified that these are indeed counterfeit parts?
This

I mean sure it happens but in this particular case. Zero evidence was actually shown.

Example of the internet think here:

I sold nothing but NGK for over 10 years bought from the large direct NGK distributor Monarch. NGK does not sell directly to small retailers. Some part #s were huge sellers some slow sellers. When we closed shop we had a decent amount of NOS inventory. I sold for a song on eBay. They were not fake.

Anyone have any issue with fakes from RockAuto?
No. But after getting this response (I've posted this before) you have to have faith that they're doing the right thing.

NGK_Rock Auto.jpg

No. But after getting this response (I've posted this before) you have to have faith that they're doing the right thing.
I would wager next to the brick and mortar part store chains, Rockauto probably moves more of their product than any other online retailer and takes steps to ensure they are getting the genuine product.

Back