Counterfeit NGK BPMR7A

JMK

I purchased a six pack of NGK BPMR7A from Amazon. I run them in all two strokes I come across unless the engine uses a CMR6H. These plugs have the stamping on the base like legit ngks do. These plugs will not run in five different engines. I've never had an issue with plugs from Amazon. These are the best looking fake plugs I've seen. Not really a question but just a heads up that China has stepped up their game.

I'm not doubting you or defending Amazon for one second, but just saying they won't run doesn't necessarily prove fakes.

I'm just saying more concrete info would be more convincing -- and potentially helpful to other consumers

Yeah, Amazon and eBay are not good places to buy quality brand name parts like NGK :sneaky:

The parts stores and hardware stores are safer places to buy them.

Consider the Autolite XST2974 iridium. Too bad NGK doesn't make iridium for this type.

And it's funny about retailers. Walmart would not want there to ever be an article that they were selling fake oil filters or fake spark plugs. I will bet they only source from the manufacturer or legitimate wholesalers.

Amazon would probably be much less concerned and sees their business being a marketplace.

eBay you just assume it's fake.

I purchased a six pack of NGK BPMR7A from Amazon. I run them in all two strokes I come across unless the engine uses a CMR6H. These plugs have the stamping on the base like legit ngks do. These plugs will not run in five different engines. I've never had an issue with plugs from Amazon. These are the best looking fake plugs I've seen. Not really a question but just a heads up that China has stepped up their game.
NGK from Amazon = No Good Kind (NGK)

And it's funny about retailers. Walmart would not want there to ever be an article that they were selling fake oil filters or fake spark plugs. I will bet they only source from the manufacturer or legitimate wholesalers.

Amazon would probably be much less concerned and sees their business being a marketplace.

eBay you just assume it's fake.

I think this is true of in-store Walmart, but walmart.com is pretty much the same as Amazon - I believe there are plenty of fakes at walmart.com.

I think this is true of in-store Walmart, but walmart.com is pretty much the same as Amazon - I believe there are plenty of fakes at walmart.com.

Yup, wild wild west once they open up their site to third party sellers. No one seems to care as long as they get their cut of the sales...

AAP has holiday sales plus new Speed Perks membership can save you 25% off new plugs.

I bought 16 NGK platinum plugs for our Mazdas.

I only want to do the job once with authentic plugs.

Back