Could Hyundai-Kia overtake Honda & Toyota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sw99
I know there are some haters......
Yep, as shown in this thread, quite a few. Fact is there some that will never give credit to Hyundai, no matter how far they have come, or how far they continue to advance. Which imo, is quite far in a relatively short time, and appear to be continuing the trend.

Though I currently own both Japanese brands, they appear to have rested on their laurels recently, opening the door for Hyundai/Kia which they have aggresively stepped through. As examples, sticking with things like 5 speed AT's, using cheaper materials in the dash as noted in CR for the Civic. This while Hyundai regularly now uses 6 speed AT's across the line up.

And as for the opinion, that Hyundai doesn't "innovate" anything. The newly introduced 8 speed AT was developed in house and used in the new 12 Genesis. Also a 10 speed AT is planned for 2014 likely for the Genesis and Equus. So if innovation means invent, perhaps not, be if it includes to develop and implement, then I wouldn't agree. Two other manufacturers using 8sp AT are Lexus and Audi, not bad company.

And if Hyundia/Kia have become the producer of beige boxes for the ignorant, then Toyota Honda have be the masters of plain vanilla offerings lacking style and sticking with outdated engineering. So with my 11 Genesis count me happily among the ignorant masses, with fit, finish and drivability comparable if not better than the two Japanese brands here. And no tech package, a base model with no options, but all one needs.

Why is it called "hate" when you state the obvious shortcoming and not jump on the praise bandwagon?
wink.gif

As far as I can tell, nobody in this thread is denying the fact the Hyundai and Kia came a long way, they did, but a lot of their offerings still have a long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back