COSTCO--BF Goodrich Premier Touring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also thinking of getting these for the van. The best part about Costco tires is, the price you see, is the price you pay. You don't have to add another $100 for dismounting, mounting, balancing, valve stems, etc. etc. You can literally save 100s of $$ compared to other local shops. I could spend $15 more/tire and get the Traction T/As. I wonder if it would be worth it?

Just remember...

The price per tire, is the price for the tire, intallation, and warranty. Most places charge additional for installation.

My uncle has those on his (was ours..) 2000 Ford Windstar. Compared to the Bridgestone Turanza LS-T that were on the van previously, they are ok. They are narrower compared to the Turanzas in the same 215 width. The BFG Premiers did a good job in the dry, I didn't encounter any wet weather while in Atlanta so I can't give a proper wet traction review. I was able to take an onramp, full throttle with a good curve and not have any problems in terms of handling (that's a little something you wouldn't do... I was doing an "Italian Tune-up" on it)

I put them on my wifes van. They are great so far. Costco even fills with nitrogen at no charge. They beat everybody by at least $50, and that was against some lesser tires too IMO.

Quote:

I put them on my wifes van. They are great so far. Costco even fills with nitrogen at no charge. They beat everybody by at least $50, and that was against some lesser tires too IMO.

Enev better...Costco balances and rotates free of charge for the life of the tire. That's a savings that can't be beat.

Costco just opened and I got the 205/65R15 BFG Premier Touring for $244 out the door.Pretty much a great deal!

I've had great experience with Costco.
My latest purchase was for my Pontiac Montana van....they run Michelin rebates every now and then....the $50 rebate I got on a set of 4 made it easy for me to upgrade to Michelins....
patriot.gif

Oilua: wow! thats a freakin steal! I'm getting those same tires tomorrow (same size), and its costing me $460. I can't believe the difference in price between USA and Canada. It really isn't fair.

Anyways, Costco is by far the best place to get tires. I've had nothing but amazing customer service from them. My Dad got a set of BFGoodrich tires on his 2002 Dodge Caravan about 6 months ago. They were making some noise, so he went back, and they discovered that the tire that he got doesn't fit properly on steel rims with hubcaps, cuz the tire pushes on the hubcap a bit. So what did they do? They gave him a set of Michelins, and all he had to pay was the difference in price between the tires. He used the set for close to 6 months, and they didn't charge him anything for it. Amazing. I doubt you'll find a tire shop anywhere else that will do that.

I have these tires on my 96 Saturn SL2. They get outstanding mileage. I have 14k miles and there is no visible wear or reason to rotate so far. Helps me get 37+ mpg out of her.

Dry traction is great. Wet traction is fair. I am used to AT tires for my trucks (Explorer and F250) and ultra high performance for my cars (GP GTP and 68 Firebird) so this tire dosnt compare to the others as far as wet traction is concerned.

Overall I am very happy with it on my commuter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back