Cost effective 0w20 in single quarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I stopped in to fleet farm last night and they had Amsoil XL on sale, $84 for a case of 12 quarts. Not the cheapest oil i could get but it was interesting enough that i went for it.

That being said I think I'll still shop some the the mentioned year end sales because you can never have too much oil right??

I've heard the name Kendall thrown around a decent amount here. I would definitely consider getting a case of that after use up the amsoil I already bought.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
House brand from the farm/fleet type stores.
RK has their house brand at good prices and the penalty for buying quarts rather than a jug isn't bad.
Meijer here does the same. Both offer the 0W-20 grade in their house brands.
Menard's offers frequent deals on Synpower in this grade and then there's always the shadow Synpower from NAPA.
The price of M1 in quarts is pretty awful, but you could buy ten of these and get $24 back.
You'd have three changes worth and a quart for any needed top-offs.
Finally, as others have suggested, there will be year end clearances at the major chains and a lot of folks seem not to like to use 0W-XX oils, so you always see some in these clearances.

I also vote for RK. Their 0w-20 syn is even Dexos approved.

If you have NAPA auto parts stores in your area that would be another choice. NAPA's oil is produced by Valvoline and their filters are also good. They have sales on occasion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back