Correct oil filter for Kia Optima?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The receipt from jiffy lube says they used oil filter:eek:f4459 for my 2019 Kia Optima with the 3.4 engine.

I looked it up and I think it said that is made by a company called service champ.

How can I check to see if this is the right filter for my car? If they screw up and my engine dies I have no warranty.

Assuming you meant 2.4 not 3.4 yes it's the correct filter. OF4459 interchanges to Wix 51334 which shows compatible for a 19 Optima 2.4.

welcome2.gif

The OF4459 seems to be the correct filter for your Kia
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Owen35ny
If they screw up and my engine dies I have no warranty.

Jiffy Lube has insurance to cover any damage from their screw ups.

Service Champ has a website, and they have a guarantee. Seems to be Champ Labs as would be expected from the name. Better than off brand never heard of, you're lucky.

As noted it appears what JL told you is correct for the 2.4L engine. Service Champ apparently uses last four digits of the Purolator numbering system. SC filters have been Champ Labs made filters, unlikely that has changed. There's even a relatively recent dissection anecdote of the topic filter posted on bitog linked.* And in this case, JL not using a downsized consolidated filter like the 6607. OF4459 is the newer hybrid design Champ filter. Current WM ST9688 equivalent uses identical construction. Based on information available, the Service Champ filter should be fine for the 2.4L engine application.

Service Champ OF4459 oil filter.

All that's missing from buying a Supertech or Service Champ for my two Korean makes, is my money-purchase. The reason I never purchased the Supertech is it's lack of a silicone ADBV. Probably been over 10 years, since I last bought a nitrile ADBV oil filter. Got burned 2-3 times by cold-start clatter and learned my lesson in a hurry.

If I'm ever in a money pinch, the new, reformulated NAPA Proselect has the silicone ADBV and the filter appears similar to OEM, for only $3.49. It's inside a white and yellow outer box, when the counter clerk decides to ring it-up. Just a heads-up there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back