Correct OEM Honda Part Number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone help me find the correct part number?

I am going to change the oil on my 2009 Honda Accord EX-L 3.5L V6 (automatic transmission) and would like to replace the drain bolt with a new OEM Honda one. I noticed last oil change, the original bolt has some round edges on the bolt head.

The oil drain bolt requires a 17mm socket.

I'm not sure I have the correct part number, but from using various sites and diagrams, I'm finding it difficult to locate it.

I appreciate any help.

According to Majestic Honda, your engine has a 14mm drain bolt, not a 17mm.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto...IL+PAN+%28V6%29

P/N 90009-R70-A00. Item 17 in this image:
14ta0801_e1401.png

You may want to re-run your search. If your Accord is ZEV or PZEV or other variant, it may take a different drain plug. I didn't study all of the options, for obvious reasons.

Not sure why you're doing this the long way around. Just phone your local Honda dealer, and have your VIN ready.

I've come to find some of these honda part diagrams are very inaccurate.

Originally Posted By: lancerplayer

17mm head, but 14mm threads. The bolt is sized by thread diameter and pitch. Tegger has this one correct.

Really? I've ordered thousands of dollars worth of parts (a whole online using the dealer's diagram and yet to get an incorrect part. Where did you see the errors?

Originally Posted By: redhat
I've come to find some of these honda part diagrams are very inaccurate.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Yes, 14mm threads. 14x1.5 if I recall. The OEM plugs work well, as do aftermarket plugs.

When I worked at a quick lube they stocked aftermarket drain plugs for all applications except Honda. For Hondas they decided to carry OEM plugs. I don't know why but maybe there's a reason? They were gold colored.

They also went out of their way to stock oem crush washers to be used instead of the regular plastic ones for every other car.

2009 Accord LX MT transmission case, incorrect part listing for the drain and fill plugs.

Originally Posted By: Jim_Truett
Originally Posted By: lancerplayer

17mm head, but 14mm threads. The bolt is sized by thread diameter and pitch. Tegger has this one correct.

Thanks for clarifying! I kept seeing 14mm listed on the diagrams but was looking for a 17mm. It makes sense for me now.

Originally Posted By: Jim_Truett
17mm head, but 14mm threads. The bolt is sized by thread diameter and pitch.

You're absolutely right. Honda never gives the head size, but only the thread size. I should have thought of that in my reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back