Corolla Cowl

I'm often parked under a tree in our driveway. Small needles everywhere. The HVAC exterior intake cowl thingy gets loaded up. Have tried compressed air, hose, and vacuum. Today used vacuum and a small screwdriver to wiggle the needles a bit so they'd get sucked into the vacuum. Tried removing the cowl but that's just too annoying to have to take the wipers off and such. Any good ideas? Vacuum and screwdriver was about 15 minutes so not bad. But if anyone has genius ideas that made it under 5 minutes I'd be forever grateful. Wife's Subaru HVAC holes are partially under the hood so she doesn't have the problem my Corolla does.

I would take down the tree.
The sap from the tree will do a number also that is a pain to deal with.
It's a shady spot to play in the front yard. Won't be coming down. But I like the way you think. The sap makes for easier grip on the door handles...but I do need to wash, clay, and wax it...

I had some long tweezers that worked for this, they went AWOL so can't take a pic.

After you get it cleaned out I'd try to find an old magnetic sign to cut up and slap over the louvers when you're parked under the tree. You can get blank ones on Amazon for $9.99: blank mag sign
The Cowl is probably plastic

I wouldn't keep removing the wipers or your next thread will be: How do I repair striped winshield wipers? Maybe shoehorn some cardboard in the problem area and remove it every time you drive off.

I wouldn't keep removing the wipers or your next thread will be: How do I repair striped winshield wipers? Maybe shoehorn some cardboard in the problem area and remove it every time you drive off.
That would work until rainy season. Yeah, after all the plastic clips I realized I couldn't get much access without removing the wipers...and I didn't. My thought was breaking those great plastic clips if I did it monthly. Cars are built like Legos nowadays.

Why is it always a Corolla. lol

Back