Cordless ratchet

Any recommendations for a DIY'er cordless ratchet that will hold up to occasional (and sometimes heavy) use without breaking the bank? Seems like M12 is the go-to but you sure do pay for it.

I'm in the Ryobi tool ecosystem and I'm happy with my 3/8" Ryobi cordless ratchet. The battery is not the most convenient, but you can rotate the head of the ratchet.

up until recently you could just buy a bundle at home depot and return the rest and get it for like 50 bucks. this isn’t a horrible deal though

m12 non fuel. you dont need the extra power since you use it as ratchet.. and it fits better ie smaller profile.

The m12 fuel 90degree impact wrench is pretty amazing if you need power in a ratchet type configuration.

2 different uses of course.

I bought a no-name off of Amazon a few years ago, still going strong with DIY use.

I was in this same boat. I was getting ready to change the valve cover gaskets on my 04 Silverado with an LS 4.8 in it. Truck sits up high and I needed something to help me out. Rather than shelling out over 400 for a Milwaukee that won't get a ton of use, I decided to take a chance on a harbor freight Hercules extended cordless ratchet. For 130 bucks (25 dollar discount when you buy the ratchet, charger and battery together) it really can't be beaten. Having the extended head to reach the hard to get to places really saved me a lot of headache. I will not be without a cordless ratchet every again.

I was in this same boat. I was getting ready to change the valve cover gaskets on my 04 Silverado with an LS 4.8 in it. Truck sits up high and I needed something to help me out. Rather than shelling out over 400 for a Milwaukee that won't get a ton of use, I decided to take a chance on a harbor freight Hercules extended cordless ratchet. For 130 bucks (25 dollar discount when you buy the ratchet, charger and battery together) it really can't be beaten. Having the extended head to reach the hard to get to places really saved me a lot of headache. I will not be without a cordless ratchet every again.
Why not this? Not $400, only 179. Not much more than $130.

Why not this? Not $400, only 179. Not much more than $130.
Because I wanted an extended reach ratchet, and batteries for the HF are 25 bucks.

I don't have a ratchet (yet) but hope to pick up one of these /www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M12-12-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-3-8-in-Ratchet-and-Screwdriver-Combo-Kit-2-Tool-with-Battery-Charger-Tool-Bag-2401-21R/310446584?=&irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-10451-483420-&clickid=Sv4zf%3A1RYxyIRp4QiQVp-wttUkGwQEzNywc92g0']combos[/URL]> before the deal ends.

Screenshot_20211217-171224_Opera.jpg

I was in this same boat. I was getting ready to change the valve cover gaskets on my 04 Silverado with an LS 4.8 in it. Truck sits up high and I needed something to help me out. Rather than shelling out over 400 for a Milwaukee that won't get a ton of use,
Price check they arent 400$ and currently 99$ with 2 tools, battery and charger set.

$179 bare tool.. but thats the fuel model. It would be worth it to me.... not have another battery system.:LOL:

I’ve got the m12 1/4” and the m12 3/8” fuel. If I were to do it again, I’d skip the fuel. it’s ergonomically too heavy for my hands.

I did wait years to get it as I have a whole lot of ryobi 18v tools. I waited for the ratchet for a long time, but finally gave up and bought the m12. A few months later, ryobi announced their ratchet. Lol.

Back