Cool info on the Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it. My advice would be to let the early adopters iron out the bugs. I'd wait about 2 years before buying one, if I were in the market for one.

Very cool. Thanks for the post.
smile.gif

Looks like those "Bedford Six" aluminum chassis castings are based on technology developed for the Cadillac CT6's "Omega" chassis. Beautiful, ribbed aluminum pieces. Photos are of the CT6

7D82C958-0A19-4FA2-AB00-00BBA238377A.jpeg

CF3ACA4A-8672-4949-BE06-8B08F31539F7.jpeg

0C07F6F3-BFBB-4581-A339-FA867669259A.jpeg

Thanks, that was a very informative site!

Interesting that the HP improvements consist of a taller intake manifold and headers. Very few internal changes to the engine. I also appreciate the dry sump.

I'm not sure why there is so much hate for the interior. A cockpit is to be experienced from the seating position, not from pictures. So far, it looks good to me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by E365
Looks like those "Bedford Six" aluminum chassis castings are based on technology developed for the Cadillac CT6's "Omega" chassis. Beautiful, ribbed aluminum pieces. Photos are of the CT6

IMPOSSIBLE to repair "cost effectively" . . . I expect these cars will be totaled pretty easily.

Originally Posted by Cujet

I'm not sure why there is so much hate for the interior.

There's a HUGE friggin' ''switch bar'' running diagonally from the dash to the console, "walling off" the passenger... like a jail cell

Originally Posted by Linctex
There's a HUGE friggin' ''switch bar'' running diagonally from the dash to the console, "walling off" the passenger... like a jail cell

Being a mid-engine, the entire front of the vehicle is not tall at all. The instrument panel height is very low. That line of switches running up to the ip isn't as tall as it appears and it doesn't wall off anything in the interior.

When you see one, you'll be amazed at how low the belt line is at the a-pillar and the interior proportions will make more sense.

From the spy shot of the interior, you can see where the line of switches is covered and how high it actually isn't. With a person in the interior for scale, it doesn';t extend much higher than the passengers knee:
[Linked Image]

thanks! interesting for sure + hoping that all the $$$$ not being spent making a decent everyday car benefits the vette. for sure there will be bugs that the beta testers will find in real world driving + track days for some. it was long overdue but even at its cost it will likely take some time to recoup the investment $$$$$, good luck GM + hopefully you can spend some time + $$$ making a decent reliable everyday vehicle for the average guy + girl!

Originally Posted by E365

IMPOSSIBLE to repair "cost effectively" . . . I expect these cars will be totaled pretty easily.

Without question. Body shop heads will spin

Definately a lot of very high tech put into the new C8. Only downside is I bet it would be hard to work on if you had to, as the engine access looks nil. Get an extended warranty.

Hard to believe they will price the base model at just under $60K. A C5 Z06 Vette in 2002 was $50K and was low tech compared to this C8. Definately want to see one when they show up at dealers.

Originally Posted by Cujet

I'm not sure why there is so much hate for the interior.

If GM made the Corvette exterior look European (Ferrari F430)....... why not copy a European interior like a beautiful BMW & Porsche 911 ?

These 2 interiors set the standard for functional layout for sports cars.

It's a shame so little thought went into designing the Corvette interior.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back