Cool Indian commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is an older commercial (from the previous Indian company that went out of business in 2003). The new Indians are scheduled to start rolling out of the Kings Mountain plant next year, so we'll probably start seeing some new commercials then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU6UCkZx2uA

Originally Posted By: harley145000
I liked the newer indians,too bad they went belly up,maybe this time around they will have success.

I think they will. The same guys who turned around Chris-Craft boats are in charge. If they can do the same thing with Indian that they did with Chris-Craft, five years from now Harley will have its hands full.

I think they're going to have a dealership problem..to many guys got stuck for BIG bucks when the went out of business the last time..only time will tell..it cost over a million to get a dealership and I don't think the mothership is going to help a lot..I hope they make it..don't think I'de buy a first year model though..they had problems with PowerPlus motor..

Take a look at the Indian dealer requirements.

Estimated - 2.0 million dollars to build a 10,000 sq. ft Indian branded showroom specific to Indian's interior/exterior design requirements.

Ability to purchase 1 - 2 acres of land off a major US interstate.

Ability to provide 1.0 million dollars in working capital.

Originally Posted By: SKUNKY
Take a look at the Indian dealer requirements.

Estimated - 2.0 million dollars to build a 10,000 sq. ft Indian branded showroom specific to Indian's interior/exterior design requirements.

Ability to purchase 1 - 2 acres of land off a major US interstate.

Ability to provide 1.0 million dollars in working capital.

They are just taking the steps necessary to ensure that Indian dealers step into the market on a relatively level playing field with Harley.

Well..if I had 5 million and wanted to start a business, I'de have to pass on this one..you would have to sell a lot of T-shirts to make a profit...espically when you have to depend on the mothership to make a quality product and back warranty work..
look at the problems that HD dealers are having with the quality of their 07 and 08 motors and trans...This is not a poke at HD..just saying...

I've not heard of any quality problems with 07 and 08 HD engines and transmissions. I've got an 07 and I've put 7000 trouble free miles on it.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN

They are just taking the steps necessary to ensure that Indian dealers step into the market on a relatively level playing field with Harley.

That might be thier problem, to compete against Harley, rather then just try to sell a motorcycle.

I wish Indian (the motorcycle, not the corporation) lots of luck and good fortune.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
That might be thier problem, to compete against Harley, rather then just try to sell a motorcycle.

That's one of the mistakes the previous Indian company made--they just tried to sell a motorcycle--one that was in almost every respect inferior in quality to Harley. The current owners of Indian know to be successful they have to deliver a product that equals or surpasses Harley for quality, and have a dealer network that is equal to or surpasses Harley.

I can't figure Harley out when it comes to the Big Twin. They haven't messed with the basic design of the Evo Sportster engine in 21 years and it is considered bullet proof. Likewise the Evo Big Twin engine. I don't understand why Harley feels the need to keep "redesigning" the Big Twin engines. The new 96 inch motors are the 2nd iteration of the Twin Cam design, and based on that thread it looks like they are going to have teething issues just like the TC 88 engines did. They should have just stuck with the basic Evo architecture and refined it, like they have done with the Evo Sportster engine.

I think there was some claim that the engine castings are made in China and had some porous issues.

Are you talking about Indian or Harley? I've heard that about the Indian PowerPlus engine, but not about Harley. I'm pretty sure all Harley engines are made in the US.

I really hope the new Indian company will be able to deliver a quality, reliable ride. From the looks of it, they are going to use the PowerPlus design. Let's hope they build it in house and don't farm out the casting like the previous Indian company did.

From what I understand, Indian is building the whole bike in house,motor,tank,fenders,etc...they're only making 35,000 units the first year..like Big Dog, they are staying small to insure quality, etc....Here's their web page..http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/

Triumph now makes all models except the Rocket 3 in India..
HD cases are made ?????...they do have a porous issue but it's not a common problem and HD is changing the cases when it occurs..
Again, if you want a Indian, you may have to drive a long way to get one..the dealership network is the backbone of any manufacture..at 5 million per dealer, I'm not sure I'de jump in...

I think there was some claim that the engine castings are made in China and had some porous issues.

Are you talking about Indian or Harley? I've heard that about the Indian PowerPlus engine, but not about Harley. I'm pretty sure all Harley engines are made in the US.

It was Harley and I think it was around 2003 or 2004. some of thier engine castings were made in China. I think it was one of the big engines that had problems and not the sporty.

The Indian Power Plus with the pan style heads looked good. I have not seen the new motor to see if the changed the style.

Let's hope they build it in house and don't farm out the casting like the previous Indian company did.

They would be far better off than going to a good casting house than doing it their self. It's not something a small company has the resources or knowledge to do well. Engine castings are no longer made by digging a hole in the sand and pouring some metal in...well, maybe the Ural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back