Contract question for lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dental practice, signed up a long contract for service that sounded great. Our computer system didn't like it, and neither did we after a month or so. I want to prorate the time we had it before a cancel notice, they say they are going to keep charging us a couple $1000s a year for the remaining 3-1/2 years. Can I not cancel the unused portion?

The terms for cancelation should be spelled out in the contract. I'm curious what you mean by your computer system didn't like it.

The terms for cancelation should be spelled out in the contract. I'm curious what you mean by your computer system didn't like it.
They required full access to the server, which meant the patient files. Not sure what HIPAA thinks about that, but it doesn't work for me.They originally said they only needed access to the ledger with accounts receivables. Unfortunately when I tried to block the patient file access, it caused problems.

Read the contract. We revise them all the time at work or change terms and send back. You might be on the hook for the remainder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back