Continental Crosscontact LX25

I’ve been looking at these for my Hyundai Tucson. Tire Crack rates them high, and they seem like decent looking tires. But when I go into the reviews, I’m getting the impression that somewhere down the line something in this tire has changed. Especially when I saw this review:

“I cannot recommend these tires if you are sensitive to ride comfort and tire noise. I'm surprised as the next guy, because I've had several sets of the previous generation of this tire and have been more than pleased. I find they are very noisy, especially if they are not all filled at exactly the same psi and less than 38 psi, and I prefer 36psi for a comfortable ride. They ride hard compared to the last generation and, and although dry and wet traction are good, I do feel as though the car doesn't track as well as previous tires, especially in wet conditions”

Does anyone have this same experience? Most reviews I take with a grain, and I usualy put more faith in reviews with more miles, as that is where I feel a tire will shine. as they all sound quiet, grip, etc., when new. I had good luck with a set of conti’s before but these make me wonder. I am really sensitive to the “hash” of tire noise, and I can’t stand it. any comments?

I have these on. 2015 CRV and have a very different opinion than the reviewer quoted. To me, they seem very quiet and are a great compromise between ride and handling. I’d buy them again.

Not sure what vehicle the reviewer has, but 38/36 psi seems on the high side.

If you’re still undecided, but them from a place like Discount Tire that offers a 30 day ride guarantee: if you don’t like them you can return them.

I have these tires on one of my vehicles and I would concur with the reviewer that suggested that they are noisy and ride hard, or at least they are noisier and firmer than I would have expected. I am planning on getting Michelin cross climate tires when the time comes to replace them.

We have the LX25 in size 235/55/19 on wife's Q5. They ride fine. Not noisy and comfortable, but then again, my 530i has low profile UHP summer tires on it, so everything else kind of feels soft and comfortable in comparison. :)

The only flaw with the LX25 that I've found so far is that they they're a bit wobbly/unsettled when driving on grooved concrete on the highway - they tend to follow the little grooves that run parallel to the road.

I’ve been looking at these for my Hyundai Tucson. Tire Crack rates them high, and they seem like decent looking tires. But when I go into the reviews, I’m getting the impression that somewhere down the line something in this tire has changed. Especially when I saw this review:

“I cannot recommend these tires if you are sensitive to ride comfort and tire noise. I'm surprised as the next guy, because I've had several sets of the previous generation of this tire and have been more than pleased. I find they are very noisy, especially if they are not all filled at exactly the same psi and less than 38 psi, and I prefer 36psi for a comfortable ride. They ride hard compared to the last generation and, and although dry and wet traction are good, I do feel as though the car doesn't track as well as previous tires, especially in wet conditions”

Does anyone have this same experience? Most reviews I take with a grain, and I usualy put more faith in reviews with more miles, as that is where I feel a tire will shine. as they all sound quiet, grip, etc., when new. I had good luck with a set of conti’s before but these make me wonder. I am really sensitive to the “hash” of tire noise, and I can’t stand it. any comments?

I have the Continental CrossContact LX25s (235/55/19) on a 2019 Honda Odyssey minivan since July 2020. Put just over 20,000 miles on them in the past year, in northeast US weather. They did quite well during the rough winter we just had.

Our Odyssey gets heavy use in the city (probably 75% of miles are city), but the LX25s are wearing well and evenly. Those who are accustomed to rapid tire wear from a FWD minivan know what I am referring to. They have been rotated at each oil change (roughly every 5,000 miles) -- have about 8/32 left on them.

I don't find them to be noisy and they ride well. No worse than the OEM Bridgestone Turanza EL440s that came with the van. Just returned from a 1,000 mile road trip to western PA and back. Tires performed well in heavy rain on highway and curvy, country roads.

One bonus to the LX25s is the tire rim protector on many sizes. An unnamed family member wreaks havoc on our vehicle rims -- they have helped minimize damage to some extent.

Would buy these again without hesitation. The only other tire I might consider are the Michelin CrossClimate 2, but the LX25s have served my family well.

I was about to buy a set of these because of the rebate but then I saw that my size was made in Portugal. I’ve had bad luck with tires from Portugal in the semi-recent past (5 years ago).

How did you find out your particular size was made in Portugal? Did you see them in person first, or found out some other way?
Tire Rack lists the country of manufacturing. A random spot check reveals that a vast majority of the LX25s are made in the USA. My size, 225/60R18 looks like one of the only ones produced in Portugal.

Last edited:
As you can see from my signature, my wife and I have 2 2020 CRV's, I replaced the Bridgestone Ecopia's early on as they clearly were, at best, mediocre, my wife's car, which has accumulated only 3000 miles in 9 months, had the same tires, she was somewhat ambivalent but after driving mine with the Michelin Crossclimate II's, realized that there is a difference in tires. Got her a set of the Continental Crosscontact LX25's at a decent price which included a $70 rebate. Driving them only about 25 miles today demonstrated a quiet, smooth and confident feel, not quite as "planted" feeling as the Michelins, but at a substantially lower cost, a competent tire. My wife drove them this afternoon and remarked on a somewhat quieter and softer ride than the Bridgestones, she's pleased so far. My Michelins have about 13k on them with no increase in noise. They're like suction cups in the rain, so, until we get the Continentals wet, won't know for sure, but both tires seem like they work well. We're pleased with both.

Our 235/55/19 was made in Portugal as well. No problems with it, other than bad luck of puncturing one and damaging it beyond repair on the way home from the tire shop, and then having to wait a week for a replacement to come in.

Back