Considering a 2017 QX50

Ws6

I am considering a Infiniti 2017 QX50, AWD. Does anyone have any experience with these or the 2016 year model of same?
images.jpeg

Other than the liquid-filled differential bushing being a guaranteed failure item, they are very reliable. The 17 already has the updated oil gallery gaskets.

Radiators are a semi-pain to do.

Just a very dated, reliable and space-inefficient vehicle.

Reactions: Ws6
Other than the liquid-filled differential bushing being a guaranteed failure item, they are very reliable. The 17 already has the updated oil gallery gaskets.

Radiators are a semi-pain to do.

Just a very dated, reliable and space-inefficient vehicle.
Yeah, id forgotten that bushing. Seems as i recall you domt have to fix it immediately, so while annoying and expensive, it wont deadline the car, no.

There is a ton of conflicting information all over the interwebs. Some versions of the VQ seem to be direct injected, others are not.
Im unaware of any. I think its just bunk websites. They are all rated at 325(suv) to 350bhp(370z nismo, due to nismo exhaust). DI would have increased it.

Yeah, id forgotten that bushing. Seems as i recall you domt have to fix it immediately, so while annoying and expensive, it wont deadline the car, no.
My 300ZX has liquid filled tension rod bushings. They started to ever so slightly weep eventually but gave me no probs. But I replaced them one weekend.

I don't know, I've seen it in multiple places that it has direct injection, as least in later years. I could be wrong.
One quick look under the hood and you'll have the answer. The HP fuel pump is on the cam / valve cover of the front bank of cylinders, has a black foam cover to attenuate some of the noise it makes.

Back