confused? dealer oil change conflicts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Joe_Cena
It is a Chrysler engine. I wouldn't run any oil past 3 months on that piece of junk. Try to extend its life as much as possible by babying it.

Last edited:
A good name synthetic blend like a Pennzoil or Mobil should easily go 7,000 mile per oil change unless your pulling a heavy trailer or mountain driving. If your really uncomfortable then as others have said do a UOA at 7K to check. I bet they say you could go further. Ed

It is a Chrysler engine. I wouldn't run any oil past 3 months on that piece of junk. Try to extend its life as much as possible by babying it.

I don't know if your serious or being funny. It made me laugh though. I admire Chrysler only because it has roots from Kansas. I gave up on our cars long ago. The bailout didn't help but people are entitled to purchase what they may.

Originally Posted by Marco620

I don't know if your serious or being funny. It made me laugh though. I admire Chrysler only because it has roots from Kansas. I gave up on our cars long ago. The bailout didn't help but people are entitled to purchase what they may.

Yeah, I'm surprised someone didn't jump in and say "Chrysler engine? You mind as well bike or just walk."

(I did have a Home Depot employee tell me once that they don't rekey Defiant Locks and you mind as well leave your doors unlocked. My landlord friend says he loves them because they're easy to drill out when the tenant looses their key.)

As for the OP, I used to run Motorcraft synthetic blend in my Ford Taurus to 7-8k. Car made it to over 200k. But that was a Ford. The transmission died. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone here say that their engine died because they didn't change the oil frequently enough. Most people change it way too often. A previous reply mentioned getting a lab test to tell for sure if you're that worried about it, but the cost of one will be about the price of an oil change.

I'm guessing you had a bad experience with a Chrysler engine so that must make them all bad. Please tell us more.

I currently own two Jeeps. I found both engines to be problem free. Lucky I guess.
wink.gif

Must be the BITOG comedy hour!

Originally Posted by OVERKILL

nope...just a troll train that derailed & messed up my thread; it's ok...I got enough info to help make a decision; I'm turning over control to the gremlins making jokes at my expense......Ž

FermeLaPorte, is that you?

No...he was just staiting the truth and since he is new here he got trampled on. Forget about it and move on.

Originally Posted by Warstud

No...he was just staiting the truth and since he is new here he got trampled on. Forget about it and move on.

I'm not Chrysler fan but afaik this is the same engine they've been using for a while and there are no major issues with it. I had a guy I did lawn maintenance for who asked me to do an oil change on his Chrysler Sebring (he assumed I was mechanically inclined because I drive 1980s cars) i was really worried it was the 2.7 (sludge monster which this Joe Cena is probably basing his completely uninformed comments on) anyways he was doing 6-8k intervals with Mobil 1 on the 2.4 and he had no issues with the engine. He's still driving it, miles are probably pretty high now.

If you're getting the engine up to full operating temperature regularly then stick with what your dealership is putting in there at 5k oci's.

Originally Posted by Warstud

I'm sorry, what? Are you also trying to be funny? Or are you stating, emphatically, that I need to be worried about my 5.7L and 6.4L because some joker on the Internet has a hate hard-on for FCA products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back