combined tire threads by Ram Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ram_man
It is for my focus. Are the coopers really pretty good?

Their CS4s were nothing special to me - average treadlfe, average performance.

The Michelin Premier A/S is an awesome tire. Great wet traction and ride quality. I have a set on my personal and sets on cars that I maintain.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Cooper CS5 or General RT43

This is what I would agree as well. I had a set of Cooper CS4s that did great. Switched over to Hankook 727s which are nice but nowhere as nice as the CS4s I had on my Equinox before. People are raving about the Generals. Good traction/handling/quiet ride. Good price as well. That would be my first recommendation.

I have Cooper lifeliners on my Malibu which do a great job as well. I believe these were replaced by the CS3s?

I've been happy with Falkens, I've had two sets of ZE912s and they've been pretty good for me, not the best for gas mileage, but they're quiet, as far as grip on dry, wet, snowy, and icy conditions I've been quite pleased.

You've already worn out a set of tires in 9800 miles?!?

Best tire without breaking the bank for something like a grocery getter? I like off brand Coopers for that duty, something like a Mastercraft. I think they are overall good performers, especially when you factor in the price.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

You've already worn out a set of tires in 9800 miles?!?

17,000 theyre about 4/32 5/32 so theyre getting close and with winter coming in a few months id like to get some new tires by winter they will be at 4/32 and 3/32 probably

Originally Posted By: HangFire
Continental PureContact. It's a better tire than their True Contact or RT43. Love them on my Corolla.

+1

Have these on my Civic right now - they seem to be working out pretty good.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
General Altimax RT43

Probably the best "bang for the buck".

Chinesium iirc.

General Altimax RT43

Chinesium iirc.

Size 195/65/15 H that the OP is interested in is made in France. Some other sizes are made in US and other countries. None are made in China.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Size 195/65/15 H that the OP is interested in is made in France. Some other sizes are made in US and other countries. None are made in China.

Correct -- none of the General RT43 is made in China. For everyone's knowledge, Tire Rack has a very nice and easy-to-use table for looking up the country of origin on their website. For any given tire, just click the "Specs" tab and you are presented with a very comprehensive data table for all tire sizes in that model line.

For 195/65-15

My top three choices would be:
Kumho Solus TA71 (has a $100 rebate)
Falken Ziex ZE950
Dunlop Signature II

Hankook H727

$90ea at DTD
$50 rebate
but wait until the Labor Day sale, and sign up/use a carcare1 card and you'll likely get another $120+ in rebates.
Net should be under $200 + install.
100k mile warranty. Good in snow (per reviews, and I did use mine on a road trip and they did quite well Feb 2014)

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
General Altimax RT43

Chinesium iirc.

My mistake. What I saw was all Mexico, Brazil and Romania. Chinese is wrong, but sill third world origins for a variety. Its been a while sine I shopped that tire because I was turned off due to COO.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-12%20at%209.17.01%20PM_zpswtyumjcg.png

The Cooper cs5 grand touring would be great on that car. They make an Ultra touring too but they are more grippy and sportier not necessary here.

My CS5 grand touring in 215/70/15 have been awesome. I even liked them in snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back