Colt C-19 for Canadian Arctic Rangers

probably... they used to sell all sort of stuff for these guns. but fact of the matter is why would you invest 500 dollars in one?
In my case other than the buttstock extension, that rifle is as provided to the Russian military.
I still have the hammer and sickle box it came in..

like one of my friends was going to buy a Mosin Nagant, but then he was going to custom stock it, installa scope etc..
and I said you will still have a worse rifle that cost more money than if you went out an purchased a scoped Ruger American or a Mossberg Patriot or equivalent.
1698866707589.jpg

I always liked the Jungle Carbine.
Yeah, my grandfather had a whole collection of Enfield rifles after the war that my aunt didn't give any of us a chance to take possession of when he passed, just immediately sold them to a gun store because she was super anti-gun. He had the sniper version, the standard issue, that was in phenomenal shape, absolutely mint, and a jungle carbine. Think there was another there too.

... Both hold ten rounds, but the new one has a box magazine that is external to the rifle, where the Enfield has them all internal to the rifle. .303 is a fine round, very capable. Not much of an improvement in power or ballistics by going to .308. ...
The WW-II vintage No. 1 Mk III Lee Enfield was standard issue to millions of soldiers and has a 10 round detachable magazine. The magazine was often kept on the rifle and reloaded from above, so effectively treated as internal, but it is quickly and easily detachable and swappable.

The WW-II vintage No. 1 Mk III Lee Enfield was standard issue to millions of soldiers and has a 10 round detachable magazine. The magazine was often kept on the rifle and reloaded from above, so effectively treated as internal, but it is quickly and easily detachable and swappable.
Thanks. I appreciate the correction. Don’t own one, so was going off memory.

Reliability, there's nothing stopping them from using a semi, as others have pointed out. An AR-10 in .308 would have been an option I assume, if semi's were on the table.
AR10 would have a better chance than an AR15 in that type of cold., but get it wet, from condensation even had freeze=bad deal for polar bear defense.

This was one of the reasons why I said earlier that there was no real benefit to changing. Did not bring it up, glad you did. Another advantage of the Enfield is the fully supported barrelled action. Adds to the overall overall ruggedness of the gun.

This was one of the reasons why I said earlier that there was no real benefit to changing. Did not bring it up, glad you did. Another advantage of the Enfield is the fully supported barrelled action. Adds to the overall overall ruggedness of the gun.
it is worth pointing out the Enfields were probably aging themselves out of inventory so it was probably time to get something more updated.

it is worth pointing out the Enfields were probably aging themselves out of inventory so it was probably time to get something more updated.
Yep. Barrels have a finite lifespan before the rifling is shot out and the chamber and throat are eroded beyond tolerance.

The Rangers take their rifles home with them. Canada is very anti semi auto so no AR would ever be considered. These are not front line infantry, they are used just to keep an eye on things. Help out in search and rescue. If Russians invade, they are not being sent to start fighting with them. I think tax payers paid about 5000 bucks a rifle... seems a bit steep for a Tikka. Its an awesome rifle. I would love to own one.

Ammunition for the C19 is a proprietary .308 Winchester round made in Quebec solely for the C-19 and consists of the pairing of existing Canadian Forces' match (sniper) brass cases, paired with the Nosler Accubond 180-grain (12 g) bullet. The ammunition designation is the C-180 round.

Ammunition for the C19 is a proprietary .308 Winchester round made in Quebec solely for the C-19 and consists of the pairing of existing Canadian Forces' match (sniper) brass cases, paired with the Nosler Accubond 180-grain (12 g) bullet. The ammunition designation is the C-180 round.
That sounds like an excellent round for the purpose. The Accubond bullet is basically a toughened Ballistic Tip with high weight retention and deeper penetration with reduced expansion and fragmentation.

The Rangers take their rifles home with them. Canada is very anti semi auto so no AR would ever be considered. These are not front line infantry, they are used just to keep an eye on things. Help out in search and rescue. If Russians invade, they are not being sent to start fighting with them. I think tax payers paid about 5000 bucks a rifle... seems a bit steep for a Tikka. Its an awesome rifle. I would love to own one.
I wouldn't say Canada is very anti semi, the police did just get new carbines, which are semi's, but Trudles and his minions are certainly anti-semi, as are Wendy and the cooky crew currently in hysterics that C-21 isn't oppressive enough.

I wouldn't say Canada is very anti semi, the police did just get new carbines, which are semi's, but Trudles and his minions are certainly anti-semi, as are Wendy and the cooky crew currently in hysterics that C-21 isn't oppressive enough.
Canadian government I should have said.

Back