Collinite over Liquid Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a long time fan of Liquid Glass. I don't have time to wax often, my vehicles sit outside year round, and our temps swing from 0 to 100. Liquid Glass hasn't provided tremendous depth of shine, but the durability has never let me down. I usually do two coats in the fall and two in the spring and there are long periods with no washing.
I'm learning a lot as a new subscriber to this forum, and am interested in topping the LG with the Collinite that I read so much about.
Will that make a good combo, or would the Collinite remove some of the LG?
Which Collinite would be the best choice as a topper?
Just curious, how can Collinite(a carnuba) be so durable? I thought that all carnuba melts at a certain temp?
Thanks in advance for your expertise!

Last edited:
Thanks, that is good to know. Would I be better off going with the 476 or the liquid 845? Does the liquid have something that would strip the LG?

Originally Posted By: lukejo
Thanks, that is good to know. Would I be better off going with the 476 or the liquid 845? Does the liquid have something that would strip the LG?

Both products are not cleaner waxes, so they aren't going to strip the LG. 476 will last longer than the 845, but the 845 is easier to apply. HTH

I had good luck applying 845 over the 476, but that was after clay, and a good paint cleaner.

I just did mine with the 476 this morning.
thumbsup2.gif

I will top it with 2 more coats of the 845 before the salt baths start, and it is too cold to wax anything.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I just did mine with the 476 this morning.
thumbsup2.gif

I will top it with 2 more coats of the 845 before the salt baths start, and it is too cold to wax anything.
wink.gif

I did my Van with Color-X this morning. I'm going to give that a little time to cure and follow up with 845. Same deal as you, I want 2 coats of 845 "before the salt baths start".

It's almost impossible to really say if one product will remove the other product or if one product will compliment the other product. Do what makes you sleep at night!

I've been(although no longer) detailing vehicles for roughly 40 years and I can't tell anyone how one product will react with another. I have used multiple products over the other!

The manufactures of these products may have some accelerated testing process/data that can show us "PROOF" of how their products hold up in combination with another or even with their own products.

A variety of people in a variety of climates(all using different products) will all have their own opinions.

Most people that I come across just want to know, "if I wax my vehicle 1-2 times(with "X" product), how long will that product last til I need to wax again"? My answer is...Maintenance is the key cause, IDK! A couple of months. Everyone want to wax their vehicle once a year.

And after 40 years, I still don't know! My vehicle are one thing and my customers vehicles were another. I don't know how my customers' vehicles were taken care of once they left my possession.

Some customers vehicles looked pretty good when they returned to me after several months and others looked a wreck! It was often hard to tell if the nicer looking customer(s) vehicle was because of *my doing* and the *products I used* or if the customer really took care of the car often.

I mean yeah, you can kinda tell which customer drove their DeVille through the mud and which customer never took the Vette out of the garage!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back