Meg's Ultimate vs Collinite 845/476s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Duragloss > Collinite > Meguairs

IMO, Duragloss = Collinite and both are superior to anything Meguiars...

Originally Posted By: genynnc
Meguiar's Ultimate Wax (Liquid or Paste) will last every bit as long as 845 and look better doing it.

No it won't...

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Duragloss > Collinite > Meguairs

IMO, Duragloss = Collinite and both are superior to anything Meguiars...

They are close, I just give Duragloss the nod due to being generally less expensive in my experience. Hence more "bang for the buck". I have both on my shelf...along with the Finish Kare 1000 High Temp Wax.

Originally Posted By: harrydog
I use Collinite 476 as a base coat and then (after waiting at least 24 hours) I apply a second coat of 845. This combo seems to work best for me, lasting a long, long time and looking quite good.

That is a great combo, I've used it a few times with good results. They recommend that combo in that order as well if you plan on using both products.

I could not get any form of Meguiars UW to last more that 2-3 months on vehicles stored outside here in FL. Switched to Finish Kare 1000 and I now get at least 6 months.

Originally Posted By: 007
I could not get any form of Meguiars UW to last more that 2-3 months on vehicles stored outside here in FL. Switched to Finish Kare 1000 and I now get at least 6 months.

Duragloss and Collinite will last at least that long too...

Originally Posted By: Bear
MacWest, That is a great wax job you did.

thanks done by hand I clayed it then a application of speed wax by hand 1 coat duragloss hand 3 coats collinite 845 hand 2 hours. Mac

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: 007

Duragloss and Collinite will last at least that long too...

I tried them before the K1000 and they did not last too long outside in the FL sun.

I've tried both 476 and Megs Ultimate liquid.

The appearance of 476 on white was better. It didn't smear as much. The 476 is much more durable-----to a fault almost. How do I get this stuff off without applying abrasive? Dawn dishwashing liquid rolls off it like water on a duck.

Megs is easier to apply of course, and reasonably durable. I'd go for the paste, as I think it would be a bit easier to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back