Collinite insulator wax vs Meg's PP365

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious on feedback from those who have used either- OR BOTH! I have used the Meguiars Paint Protect 365 once so far and it was OK but didn't seem to last any longer than their Ultimate wax; did NOT last as long as Blackfire Wet Diamond... though of course the cost is next to nothing and its ridiculously easy to apply. Did not enhance gloss or shine.

The Collinite Insulator Wax 845 seems to have a reputation and THE long-lasting wax. Its what I routinely see people compare longevity against. How is the gloss and shine? Everybody wants their vehicle to look good, but to be honest the paint on my truck is quite shiny and looks very nice after even just a wash. I'm primarily interested in providing the best, most durable paint protection on a daily driver that sits outside 24/7... but of course, in any near tie the tip of the hat would go to looks.

I've never tried PP365 but I'm probably going to keep using Collinite 845 because I come from the Utica, NY area where Collinite is made. It stood up great in the CNY area against all the salt so now that I'm in VA I see no reason to change.

Last edited:
For older vehicles....NuFinish..... is perfect. It gives a good shine....and best of all, it is long lasting and reasonably priced.. My vehicle sits outside in the heat of summer and through snowy winters, and still has adequate protection and shine from the the job I did almost a year ago. The rain still 'beads' on the finish.

I love the stuff, and will be re-applying again in April.

Why polish 3 or 4 times a year, when once a year will do. I've got better things to do and enjoy, than spending hours polishing a vehicle several times a year.

Collinite 476 lasts a bit longer than 845 insulator wax. It is just not as easy to apply. However, I have found that Duragloss 105 lasts longer than any Collinite product.

The Collinite 845 lasted all winter on both our vehicles last year and the PP365 did the same this past winter.
All in all pretty much even with the PP365 being slightly easier to use.
Happy with both. Not sure which I'll be using for my spring ritual this year.

Added: the springtime applications lasted all summer and into football season, when I do the winter prep applications. So two times a year to maintain the protection.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Collinite 476 lasts a bit longer than 845 insulator wax. It is just not as easy to apply. However, I have found that Duragloss 105 lasts longer than any Collinite product.

I applied a Duragloss 105/601/845 mix to new paint in October. Adding the Collinite to the mix is perfectly acceptable and saves a step. Still looks great and still protecting, though I will re-do it soon. I love Duragloss products.
I also applied the PP to white Honda paint last month, and it has been totally meh so far. I'll give it a chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back