Collectors of anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are just asking cause you want to buy cheap...........
grin2.gif

I don't know but I would think that is the case. The boats on E-bay look to be good deals to me.........But it could be my imagination?

I have a lot of stuff from both my deceased Grandfathers that are collectible. It is a daunting task to ascertain the value on them though.

If things were on the cheap side would anyone admit that and give away that fact so that others might compete with them for buying items......

I think my collection of really high dollar industrial filtration products is done. I think all the industrial liquidations have already happened. There was a real surge a couple of years ago. What's left isn't going at salvage.

I'm a collector of fine mechanical junque. I know that wasn't what you were referring to with "collectibles" ..but this is BITOG.

I grew up with a very small home and have moved 5 times in my youth, so I dislike collecting stuff, and couldn't resist selling my possession as soon as I was done with them.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
I grew up with a very small home and have moved 5 times in my youth, so I dislike collecting stuff, and couldn't resist selling my possession as soon as I was done with them.

LOL, I moved house when I was 3, 5, 6, 9, 12, 14, then went on to Uni, work rotation etc.

Had so much of my "good stuff" thrown out as a kid, that I've only ever sold a couple things (excluding magazines), and that's only been recently.

I have shifted a few times,the longer I stay,the more stuff I collect.One time the whole roadside outside my house was covered - one guy loaded 12 B&S engines into his car,had 4 mower bodies on his roofrack,and wanted to know if I had more.Guys were running off with complete motorcycles and hiding them in the bushes to collect later.When I shifted here,I had to knock down the single garage and put up a 6 x 12 metre....and still can't fit a car inside.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
I thought I would get more of a response. Sometimes it's hard for people to accept that their "beanie babies" aren't going to fund a lavish retirement.

Well they did for my neighbor, they would buy all they could up here in Canada and then resell them on ebay to people in the US... They made a fair whack of cash at it. 10's of thousands.
I guess that doesn't fund a lavish retirement but covers your beer for life!

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Well they did for my neighbor, they would buy all they could up here in Canada and then resell them on ebay to people in the US... They made a fair whack of cash at it. 10's of thousands.

Nobody ever got rich underestimating the stupidity of the American people.

I wonder how well the people who BOUGHT those beanie babies from your neighbors did?

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Originally Posted By: IndyIan

Nobody ever got rich underestimating the stupidity of the American people.

I wonder how well the people who BOUGHT those beanie babies from your neighbors did?

Well they have the joy of ownership... I imagine most people spending 100's of dollars on a doll wasted far more money at other things... Just a drop in the bucket!

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

I am quite the opposite, I'm a TOTAL pack-rat and it is possibly due to the fact that I have "permanently" moved only once.

Originally Posted By: Silk
I collect stuff other people throw away - they aren't throwing away as much as before.

Sanford & Son?

grin2.gif

I recall fondly a Ripping Yarns show about a guy who collected deadly diseases...

He'd be laughing ATM

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I collect fiends.

How is the market doing for those? Good time to buy now?

I collect tires for my Neon...

I collect "Man from U.N.C.L.E." memorabilia: comic books, the digest-sized magazine, the paperback novel series, magazine articles, etc. I even have a non-firing metal replica of the U.N.C.L.E. Special, their original gun/carbine that began life as a Walther P-38 9mm and grew a telescopic sight, shoulder stock, barrel extension with silencer, and extended magazine. Someday, if I ever have a house, I'll put it up in a gun rack on the wall in my den.

I collect rude remarks, insults, and deft sarcasm. I enjoy trading them with others who may or may not have a similar collection.

I live in a small house with no storage. I am an anti-collector that (gasp!) is willing to get rid of "good" stuff if its not being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back