Collection of Euro Oils

jurko

Site Donor 2022
[Linked Image]

Approvals and Recommendations

M1

MB-Approval 229.3 MB-Approval 229.5 VW 502 00 VW 505 00 Porsche A40 Nissan Genuine Performances

EDGE
ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4 API SN/CF Meets Ford WSS-M2C937-A MB-Approval 229.3/ 229.5 Porsche A40 VW 502 00 / 505 00

PP
ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4 API SN/CF Meets Ford WSS-M2C937-A MB-Approval 229.3/ 229.5 Porsche A40 VW 502 00 / 505 00

AMSOIL
MB-229.5 Porsche A40 VW 502.00, 505.00 BMW LL-01 GM LL-B-025 Renault 0700, 0710

Euro Oils.jpg

Last edited:
What about Redline Euro Series? 5W-30 and 5w-40? The 5w-30 has the low calcium if who ever is concerned about LSPI like I am.

Originally Posted by Mainia
What about Redline Euro Series? 5W-30 and 5w-40? The 5w-30 has the low calcium if who ever is concerned about LSPI like I am.

Sorry I've never used Redline so it wasn't on my radar. Just oils I have good experience with and thought some people might find it useful.

Castrol certainly goes about building their oil differently. The other 3 looks to be carbon copies of each other when comparing the listed parameters.

I was curious as to the titanium used by Castrol so I performed a search, found this report, and this is the conclusion.

When TiO2 nanoparticles were added to the engine oil, the co efficient of friction was reduced by 86% with 0.3% concentration by weight of the oil as compared to the oil without TiO2 nanoparticles for load 4 kg. This effect could be due to the rolling of the sphere like nanoparticles between the rubbing surfaces, thus reducing friction. With an increasing concentration of nanoparticles the co-efficient of friction increased but not more than the coefficient of friction of oil without TiO2 nanoparticles, this effect can be observed due to the agglomeration of TiO2 nanoparticles. The anti-wear mechanism can be attributed to the deposition of TiO2 nanoparticles on the worn surface, which in turn decreased the shearing resistance, thus improving the tribological properties. Nanoparticles can be considered as nano-bearings on the rubbing surfaces. The TiO2 nanoparticles are deposited only under mixed and boundary lubrication. Experimental studies report that the deposition of TiO2 nanoparticles on the rubbing surfaces improves the tribological properties of the base lubrication oil exhibiting reduction in friction and wear.

The wear of Aluminium alloy (Al 25) with time was observed to be increasing with an increased value of the load. However the wear was significantly reduced with TiO2 nanoparticles as additives for the same load value. Thus, TiO2 nanoparticles can be used as a multifunctional additive. The UV spectroscopic study indicates that TiO2 nanoparticles possess good stability and solubility in the lubricant.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S101836391600012X

Learn something new everyday.

Reactions: pbm
I was wondering if you'd mix 50/50 M1 or PP with Edge and got the best of both worlds of Mo and Ti or would that have some adverse effects.

Originally Posted by js1956
I was wondering if you'd mix 50/50 M1 or PP with Edge and got the best of both worlds of Mo and Ti or would that have some adverse effects.

One thing you'd get for sure is an oil with no licenses nor approvals.

Originally Posted by kschachn

This. Oils are carefully balanced, and tested, formulas, just mixing two together and expecting to improve that performance is a fool's errand.

Originally Posted by Mainia

If you are talking about the black bottle products, the only thing "Redline" about them is the name on the bottle, they are just re-bottled CP oils.

Originally Posted by kschachn

Fair enough.

But the actual question was. would those two elements mix together have some adverse effect on a internals of engine,
In that example I posted above one oil has Mo and no Ti, and the other has Ti and no Mo.
Mo is sufficient enough that Ti is not necessary and other way around?
Amsoil has none of those two. What's their secret?

Just trying to understand the chemistry of antiware additives, purpose of each element and how they interact with each other.

"This. Oils are carefully balanced, and tested, formulas, just mixing two together and expecting to improve that performance is a fool's errand."
Agree and I don't want to be one of those. Just curious tho. about one. lack of other and why.

Please don't mix the two. Kschachn and OVERKILL are trying to help you.

I mixed oils in a 97' Bonneville that was a "spare/winter driver with over 270k on it. Did it
To use up excess oils I had.

[Linked Image]

Approvals and Recommendations

M1

MB-Approval 229.3 MB-Approval 229.5 VW 502 00 VW 505 00 Porsche A40 Nissan Genuine Performances

EDGE

PP

AMSOIL
MB-229.5 Porsche A40 VW 502.00, 505.00 BMW LL-01 GM LL-B-025 Renault 0700, 0710

What is source of this? In all VOA Castrol Edge is 12.9-13.1cst.
Also, approvals and recommendations are not the same.
Recommendation means company is hiding something.

"This. Oils are carefully balanced, and tested, formulas, just mixing two together and expecting to improve that performance is a fool's errand."
Agree and I don't want to be one of those. Just curious tho. about one. lack of other and why.

AW chemistries are chosen, and tested, in a particular application based on the desires of the blender, what they are trying to achieve and of course cost. Diluting those individual chemistries by 50% is unlikely to result in a synergistic blend that offers as good or better performance than those chemistries by themselves, if anything, the performance will be reduced, but by how much is not readily apparent. We do know of course that the result is untested.

Back