Cold Flow Test - 30wt, 5w20, 0w20 Pennzoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me that's you doing this
smile.gif

No I don't have a Youtube channel. I'm interested to get some TGMO 0w20 and do a comparison against Amsoil Signature series 0w20 and 5w20 and see the differences in my deep freezer at -24C (-11.2 F)
grin2.gif

Last edited:
This one is in Russian but it says -30 Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit) on the thermometer and it has the Toyota 0w20 in there for testing.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Just found this one... -40 Celsius (-40 Fahrenheit) 5w30 test with Amsoil, M1, RP, Walmart oils

This is exactly why I advocate against SuperTech oil, I think it's trash personally! Why get cheap when you can buy brands that are trustworthy?

That is PRECIDELY why you have 0Ws...what is the point at "testing" 5w30 at -40C, when there's 0Ws on the shelf rated for it ?

All these tests show is how easily you can do an oil change … not what's going on in the engine (although a solid SAE30 is not a good look.

Originally Posted by jongies3
Just found this one... -40 Celsius (-40 Fahrenheit) 5w30 test with Amsoil, M1, RP, Walmart oils

This is exactly why I advocate against SuperTech oil, I think it's trash personally! Why get cheap when you can buy brands that are trustworthy?

Umm . The SuperTech in the vid was Conventional against the others which are Synthetic oils. Not a valid test. Why didn't he use SuperTech Synthetic?

OMG, I've got straight 30 in one of my motorcycles !!!! I started it on saturday, after a year not running....it was 12c, it fired up on the 2nd kick and ran sweet as.

Originally Posted by Silk
OMG, I've got straight 30 in one of my motorcycles !!!! I started it on saturday, after a year not running....it was 12c, it fired up on the 2nd kick and ran sweet as.

Just don't play these videos around the bike and everything will be fine.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Originally Posted by Silk

Just don't play these videos around the bike and everything will be fine.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

No I don't have a Youtube channel. I'm interested to get some TGMO 0w20 and do a comparison against Amsoil Signature series 0w20 and 5w20 and see the differences in my deep freezer at -24C (-11.2 F)
grin2.gif

Preparing to do an outdoor oil change in late December?
wink.gif
I added Castrol GTX 5w-30 once around 1989 or 1990 when the bottle was at ambient -35 C to -40 C. Never again, no matter how fluid the oil is.

Shell Helix Ultra AG 5W30 C3, same with liquimoly, and same with 25W60 added as a better version of "STP" as an additive.

Funny, this year we had our record low temperature of -11C.

25W60 versus SAE30 (it's a good SAE30) at -20C...
and at -15C

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Garak
grin2.gif

Preparing to do an outdoor oil change in late December?
wink.gif
I added Castrol GTX 5w-30 once around 1989 or 1990 when the bottle was at ambient -35 C to -40 C. Never again, no matter how fluid the oil is.

Early '82 - I stop for gas, and know I'll have to add oil, as usual, to my '68 Impala. It's in excess of -30 C that day. It was a cold winter, may have been -35 C that morning. The tired old 307 was drinking a litre of oil every 75 miles, so I keep a case of 24 cans of Quaker State 10W-30 in the trunk. So, the oil is at ambient temperature.

The oil is off the dipstick, so I add two litres. It takes several minutes to pour each can of oil. It's like molasses coming out.

A few years later I discovered the miracle of synthetic oil, and have never gone back to conventional. (Of course I've not since had a car that burned oil like that either.)

grin2.gif

Why ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back