Code P0108 - 08 Honda Pilot AWD 179,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. My pilot tripped the VTM-4 light this morning. No other lights came on, the light wasn't flashing. This was a few moments after starting it up and driving up the hill to the main road. As it accelerated, the light came on. No performance issues were noted. It was 42 degrees outside and raining. I stopped and turned the vehicle off, started it back up and the light was off and stayed off for the remainder of my 8 mile highway drive.

I ran the code and it was P0108 - manifold absolute pressure/barometric pressure circuit high input.

I'm thinking this is the MAP needs cleaning or replacement. I don't know if this is the original sensor or not as we bought the vehicle used last year.

Is there anything else I can look into on this? Is it worth my time cleaning it or with the possibility it's old, just replace the part?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

High MAP Voltage on a V6 Honda = exhaust valve clearance is likely too tight.

Perform a valve clearance adjustment when the engine is stone cold.

Originally Posted by The Critic

Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't a high mileage vehicle have looser valves and not tighter?

Originally Posted by Tlhfirelion
Originally Posted by The Critic

Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't a high mileage vehicle have looser valves and not tighter?

Valve seat recession is the issue.

Ok, thank you everyone. I'll call my mechanic and see what it costs to do. I think that's. It outside my wheelhouse skill level wise.

Originally Posted by Silverado12
Valve clearances are more likely to tighten than loosen.

Yes - all the valve adjustments I have ever done have never seen a 'happy loose valve' they always seem to have gotten tighter.

Aside from the dash lights I mentioned initially, what symptoms would I expect to see when the valves are needing adjusting?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back