Co-op D-MO SL 0W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TBN and pour point are great. The viscosity of ~60 @+40 C. implies it will have a lower oil pressure at +80 C. than 5W-x if that bothers a person. The 0W indicates it's operable down to -40 unheated, great for you. Does your 07 Dodge have a DPF? I thought all 07s did, but I thought all 07 Cummins/Dodges were 6.7s. If you don't have a DPF it would be fine and proper to use a CI4+, but if you do have a DPF it will clog up about 1.4-1.5 times faster due to the ash level of 1.43%. The Zn content of >1400ppm is also very good.
It seems like an ideal oil for a non-DPF Cummins in your area.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: m37charlie
The TBN and pour point are great. The viscosity of ~60 @+40 C. implies it will have a lower oil pressure at +80 C. than 5W-x if that bothers a person. The 0W indicates it's operable down to -40 unheated, great for you. Does your 07 Dodge have a DPF? I thought all 07s did, but I thought all 07 Cummins/Dodges were 6.7s. If you don't have a DPF it would be fine and proper to use a CI4+, but if you do have a DPF it will clog up about 1.4-1.5 times faster due to the ash level of 1.43%. The Zn content of >1400ppm is also very good.
It seems like an ideal oil for a non-DPF Cummins in your area.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie,
Any truck made after Jan 1/07 had a DPF and had the 6.7L engine and could have the 6 speed auto trans, mine was made in Oct 06 and has a 5.9L, no DPF, and the 48RE 4 speed auto, but is an "2007" model. The only thing (from the outside) that is different is mine has no bluetec badge on the tailgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back